I Tried It

Baking By mitsel8 Updated 18 Feb 2007 , 4:13am by crazydaisy

mitsel8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mitsel8 Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 2:28pm
post #1 of 11

I tried Penny Mcconnell's butter cookie recipe and it was great!
I also added some (1/4 cup) french vanilla powdered coffee creamer in place of some of the sugar. They were fabulous, if I don't mind saying so myself.
Probably the best tasting sugar cookies I've ever made. And so easy to work with.
Thank you Mac for the recipe.

10 replies
Pearl70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl70 Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 2:31pm
post #2 of 11

where can i find this recipe, sounds yummy

mjjandz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjjandz Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 2:34pm
post #3 of 11

I am going to have to give this a try. I happen to like NFSC. looking for something to do today since the kids and dh are snowboarding

mitsel8 Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 2:40pm
post #4 of 11

Here's the site:
texasmonthly.com/mag/issues/2000-12-01/statefare.php

So sorry I can't do a link. (computer illiterate)
If this doesn't work, maybe you could PM CCer: Mac. She's the one I got the recipe from.

mjjandz: I love your avatar, adorable!

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 2:47pm
post #5 of 11
mjjandz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjjandz Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 2:49pm
post #6 of 11

Thanks mitsel8

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 8:51pm
post #7 of 11

This recipe is almost identical to the No Fail Sugar Cookie - with the excption of the 2 TBS of whipping cream and the 2TBS of vanilla. That would definitely make it stronger in flavor and a bit more moist. For those of you who have tried this...do the cut-out shapes spread during baking? On thing I love about NFSC is that they hardly spread at all, and you get nice, crisp shapes after baking. How does this recipe compare in that regard?

Suzie757 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzie757 Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 8:55pm
post #8 of 11

Crimsicle,
I have tried this recipe twice now and they taste great and no they didn't spread at all. I had perfect shapes and didn't even have to chill the dough.

Pearl70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl70 Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 9:31pm
post #9 of 11

my kind of cookie I will definately try these this week

mitsel8 Posted 17 Feb 2007 , 11:19pm
post #10 of 11

Just like Suzie757 said, the dough didn't spread at all and I was able to work with it without chilling it.
Also, my cookies probably tasted better (to me) because of the coffee creamer. I loved it.

Leslie

crazydaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazydaisy Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 4:13am
post #11 of 11

I tried this recipe too. I like the taste better than the NFSC. I substituted sour cream for the whipping cream because that 's all I had. They seemed to turn out ok. Made them for my son's party at school. Used Toba's glace icing...yummy! The shapes didn't seem to spread at all and I used the dough fresh from the bowl...no chilling needed. I will certainly use it again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%