Almond Paste?

Decorating By briansbaker Updated 23 Mar 2005 , 1:25pm by briansbaker

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 12:35am
post #1 of 9

I have a little box that reads almond paste..what can I do with that?

8 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 12:42am
post #2 of 9

You can mold figures wiht .. You cover cookies with it .. You can cover a small cake with it.... YOU can do almost anything with it ..

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 12:51am
post #3 of 9

You can make the most amazing apricot-almond tarts with it! Yum. PM me if you want the recipe.

ilithiya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilithiya Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 2:15am
post #4 of 9

Almond paste is a component in marzipan; my experiences with almond paste were with a product that didn't lend itself very well to modeling or cake covering

However...

Frangipane galettes! Mmmm!! A nice pastry dough, a thin layer of almond paste, and a layer of fresh peach slices on top, bake at 325 until the pastry is nice and done... add a glaze with peach schnapps and top with a little whipped cream, and I'm in heaven. icon_smile.gif

Illy

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 12:43pm
post #5 of 9

where can you get almond paste from?

briansbaker Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 12:54pm
post #6 of 9

I've had mine for awhile. Clearance Isle at Micheals when they where going out of business. But I seen some at the grocery stores in the isles with the cake decorating items..But I started to play with mine last night, trying to mold something out of it..I think I have an old batch..It just crumbled in my hand like dried up dough..Any suggestions on how to keep it from being dry?

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 12:57pm
post #7 of 9

It's been my experience that almond paste is supposed to be somewhat crumbly and dry (it usually is when I biy it and it never affects my baking). I believe it is marzipan (a very close cousin of almond paste) that you use for molding and covering cakes.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 12:59pm
post #8 of 9

i'm here in italy remeber. i wish i could go to michaels. i love that store!!

briansbaker Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 1:25pm
post #9 of 9

diane, I would trade places with you in a heart beat. I have my home somewhat decorated in an italian (wine/brick/stucco/oldworld) kind of theme..(sigh) I can only dream of Italy. I want to bring Italy to my front yard, but where do I start. I love stone and stucco..But I think I would go broke trying to vision Italy in my front hard...lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%