How Do You Tranport Decorated Cupcakes?

Decorating By curiegas Updated 24 Mar 2005 , 10:47am by GHOST_USER_NAME

curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 5:20pm
post #1 of 7

I want to make the "bunny" cupcakes for Easter, but I don't know how to tranport them without them bumping into each other.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cecilia

6 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 7

You can transport them on a cake board in a cake box. Just glue them down to the cake board with a little dab of icing.

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa

You can transport them on a cake board in a cake box. Just glue them down to the cake board with a little dab of icing.

Agree

cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakes Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 7:54pm
post #4 of 7

I don't know how many you are making. You could try to put them back in the muffin pan you baked them in originally and transport them that way. When you arrive at your destination you can then put them on a pretty tray. icon_wink.gif

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 8:58pm
post #5 of 7

Another thing to use is the non skid pads, Put those in the bottom of your box or whatever you are using and then place the cupcakes on that. It will keep them from sliding.

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 9:15pm
post #6 of 7

I transport my cupcakes in a clear plastic cupcake box. Similar to the plastic cupcake boxes that the grocery stores sell their cupcakes in. My local cake supply sells them but they only hold 12 at a time. I have to transport 36 cupcakes this Thursday and I had to buy 3 of these containers. They work very well. Each cupcake is separated just as if it were sitting in the actual cupcake pan.

If you have a local supply store see if they carry these.

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 10:47am
post #7 of 7

I actually sit mine next to each other just as with a cupcake cake. I use a dab of icing on the bottoms to glue them down, as already described. Then I decorate each individual cupcake. I slide the board in to a cake box and deliver as usual.

Here's an example:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/110806453/129365366ltwcUk

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%