Packaging Suggestions

Business By sugarspice Updated 19 Nov 2005 , 6:04pm by antonia74

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 19 Nov 2005 , 4:00pm
post #1 of 3

Hi!

I have started selling individual cakes to a local restaurant. They are 3" in diameter & 2" high. They are decorated for the season/holiday & are packaged in clear, plastic hinged containers.

I would like an easier "cakeboard" to put them on. Right now I am cutting out a shape that fits in the botttom of the hinged container & allows a bit of room around the cake for the border--out of the cardboard sheets that wilton sells for sheet cake cakeboards. These are more heavy duty than I need. A square shape does not allow enough room around the cake for the border-so I think I am stuck cutting by hand. I have used sissors and x-acto knives, but both are a bit tedious.

Any ideas for something that would be easier to cut-but is food safe, looks presentable & doesn't have to be covered with foil, etc????

Thanks!!

2 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 19 Nov 2005 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 3

There are sites that sell most any size cake boards. Sugarcraft carries 4" diameter boards. They come in different shapes too. If that's not the right size, you can special order the size you need.

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/paper/cardboards.htm#pad

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 19 Nov 2005 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 3

Why don't you make a cookie to use as a "cakeboard"? I've seen people using those Digestive cookies for tiny little cakes. Way cheaper, and people can eat them too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%