Tres Leches Help

Decorating By MakeItYours Updated 15 Feb 2007 , 10:12pm by mlrojas

MakeItYours Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MakeItYours Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 4

I have an order for a 2 tiered tres leches cake. I have never made one before and just started looking up recipes today. Has anyone ever stacked a tres leches cake before? If so, did you have any problems? It seems like it may get to soggy unless I am just misunderstanding the whole glaze thing. If anyone has suggestions or experience with this situation I would really appreciate any help I could get.

Thanks

3 replies
lilica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilica Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 4

I would not do a tres leches on top of another cake. once you put the milk, the cake will get heavy, really heavy. I would recommend the client to use individual stands for each cake. like the ones Wilton make.

bakerinut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerinut Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 4

I agree with lilica. Suggest your client about this, different stands for each cake.

mlrojas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlrojas Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 4

I have not stacked two tres leches cakes before, however, I asked about how to ice one layer without the syrup seeping out of the bottom. I was told by another member to only use half of the soaking liquids. She said it does not go through and it still taste the same. If it were me, I would give it a trial run before telling my client I couldn't do it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%