Whipped Cream Filling Advice

Decorating By meghan89 Updated 18 Nov 2005 , 3:29am by meghan89

meghan89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meghan89 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone know how far in advance you can fill a cake with a heavy whipped cream filling? I whipped the cream with powdered sugar yuntil it was very stiff, Im just not sure that it will not start to seperate! I wont be serving the cake until Sunday! Any advice would be great! Thanks!

7 replies
Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 8

is it stabalized whipped topping or just regular? if it's just regular, I would wait as long as possible.

meghan89 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks, Calejo! I was about to fill both cakes, yikes!! Maybe Ill go with a cream cheese filling instead!

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 8

I have tried different ways of stabilizing whipping cream and of all of them, I find using the Wilton recipe (from their stie) that you add piping gel to holds up the longest. But even using a stabilized whipped cream, I don't fill more than 24 hours ahead, but with the gel it will hold up and not separated on the iced cake, for 3-4 days. I didn't find using the Oetker Whip-it, made it hold up quite as long on the iced cake but still worked very well. Without a stabilizer, I would be using it to fill the same day.
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 9:25pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by meghan89

Does anyone know how far in advance you can fill a cake with a heavy whipped cream filling? I whipped the cream with powdered sugar yuntil it was very stiff, Im just not sure that it will not start to seperate! I wont be serving the cake until Sunday! Any advice would be great! Thanks!

You know, I was watching this show, I can't remember which, but they used regular whipped cream, or whipped from liquid whipped cream, and just added Oreo cookies and used it as a filling.... The person on the show said that that was one of her most requested fillings... YUMM!!!! Just to give you an idea of how to use regular whip cream for fillings..

I am sure going to try it!

melxcloud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melxcloud Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 9:32pm
post #6 of 8

That oreo and whipped cream filling is just amazing tasting and the oreos seem to act as a stabilizer. So the filling will stay for a few days.

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 12:37am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by melxcloud

That oreo and whipped cream filling is just amazing tasting and the oreos seem to act as a stabilizer. So the filling will stay for a few days.

so, have you tried it? I can't wait to use this filling! icon_smile.gif

meghan89 Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 3:29am
post #8 of 8

I actually have done the oreo and whipped cream thing, its from The Whimsical Bakehouse book, it is so incredibly yummy!!!! I didnt have any oreos on hand or I would have used that recipe, thanks for all the advice!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%