Doctored Carrot Cake Recipe

Baking By Barbara76 Updated 25 Nov 2005 , 10:14pm by denise2434

Barbara76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barbara76 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone have a good recipe for doctoring boxed carrot cake mix?

I am going to try to make that and crusting cream cheese frosting for thanksgiving since it's my moms favorite.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Barbara

8 replies
blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 9

I have a recipe for an excellent carrot cake but it is not a doctored cake mix....It is really simple to make and taste great. If you want it let me know.

Berta

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 9

HI Barbara!! Here is the one I use and it's soooo yummy!! thumbs_up.gif

1 pkg. spice cake mix
2 cups shredded carrots (about 1/2 lb.)
1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, undrained
1 cup chopped pecans

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Prepare cake mix batter as directed on package (I use milk in the place of water..someone on here, sorry I don't remember who...forgive me...said they use carrot juice in the place of water. Sounds good and I'm going to try that.), stirring in carrots, pineapple and the pecans until well blended. Bake until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.

Hope that helps, ~Denise
icon_biggrin.gif

edited because I made a boo-boo in spelling. icon_redface.gif

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 9

denise - what about the oil and egg for the cake mix. Do you mean to add the other ingredients to the box directions? I can't believe it comes out OK without any egg. Please let me know. I have been searching for a spice cake mix to make carrot cake out of!

THanks!

denise2434 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 7:01pm
post #5 of 9

Hi Ellen!! Yes....you fix the box mix according to the directions given on the box....eggs, oil, and water. ...but instead of using the water I replace the water with whole milk and add the eggs and oil then after mixing that with a mixer...I mix carrots, pineapple, and walnuts by hand. It really helps making it moist. It's the one I use all the time now. Everyone really loves it.

Hugs, ~Denise
icon_biggrin.gif

Barbara76 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 7:05pm
post #6 of 9

Denise,

Thanks so much icon_smile.gif I will try it!

Berta, thanks for the offer, but I do not have luch with from scratch cakes and Thanksgiving isn't when I want to get adventurous! I will take you up on it and try it someother time!!

Thanks again!

Barbara

denise2434 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 7:59pm
post #7 of 9

Hi Barbara!! Your welcome!! icon_biggrin.gif I hope you enjoy and let me know how you like it. Hugs, ~Denise

Barbara76 Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 9:38pm
post #8 of 9

Denise,

The carrot cake was soooooo good. It was a big hit, I made it into a turkey cake for my mom's house, a small torted cake for the ILs and cupcakes. EVERYONE loved it, even my sister who doesn't like carrot cake!

Thanks so much!

Barbara

denise2434 Posted 25 Nov 2005 , 10:14pm
post #9 of 9

Hi Barbara!! Glad that you guys enjoyed it!! icon_biggrin.gif My kids aren't big carrot cake fans either...but they really like this one with the crusting cream cheese frosting. icon_wink.gif

Your turkey cake turned out great! thumbs_up.gif The foil pan and veggies really made it look so real! Great job!!

Hugs, ~Denise

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%