Help Please Michigan Resident

Business By butterluv05 Updated 17 Nov 2005 , 7:58pm by okieinalaska

butterluv05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterluv05 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 6:12am
post #1 of 2

Hi I am a Michigan resident and I want to open my own home based bussiness.(in a couple of years after graduating from culinary school) Is there any one who has allready established a bussiness from home that can give me pointers on how to do so. Also a kind of embarrassing question would it be wrong to add ingredents to box cake mix to make it your own? Or should every cake be completly scratch made. I am asking because I make cakes on the side for co workers and I am known for my strawberry cake that is made from scratch but know I have people asking for other types So Ive tryed diffrent recipies and I find that some of my cakes seem dry verses ones from a box any pointers will be greatly appreciated

1 reply
okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 2

I make doctered cake mixes, but I also tell people I do that. I don't think they have to be scratch.

Now I always wrap my cakes as soon as I turn them out of the pan before they are cooled and that helps them stay very moist. Otherwise mine get dry even if I let them sit for only 5 minutes to cool.

There was another thread started here about MI cake decorators. I am moving to Sault Sainte Marie, MI next year (from Alaska) and replied on it but I don't think anything has come up recently.

I think to be legal you are required to have a seperate kitchen but folks were checking into to. Every county is different.

I will see if I can find that post later and link it here. : )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%