Practice Bct

Decorating By tanyascakes Updated 26 Mar 2005 , 4:54am by tanyascakes

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 8:41am
post #1 of 11

Okay, everyone. I just finished my first practice BCT and jammed it in the freezer. Now for the waiting game. I am nervous as a cat right now!! icon_eek.gif I hope that it comes out okay. It was a pretty detailed one that I am hoping to get right before my husband's promotion in May. I may have made a few bumps along the way. But I followed cali4dawn's instructions to the letter. My hands were shaking a bit, so that may be when I made the bumps. But when I get it out I am going to flip it onto another cookie sheet and take a pic to place on here for you all to see. I am utterly terrified that I did a terrible job. But that is what practice is for, right? I am so glad that I have the support of my fellow cake decorators for this. The nail biting ensues!!! This is going to be the longest 90 minutes of my life!!! Wish me luck.
Happy Baking!!
Tanya

10 replies
jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 8:47am
post #2 of 11

Good Luck! I haven't tried one yet and really want to. I've read cali4dawns tutorial and it seems very informative, now I just have to do it!

tanyascakes Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 8:57am
post #3 of 11

Thanks for the support. I read those tutorials about 50 times before I dared to try it! But I couldn't put it off much longer. I don't think I was this nervous ever in life!

tanyascakes Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 10:28am
post #4 of 11

Okay everyone. I took a pic of the finished BCT (not on a cake, though). I couldn't figure out how to get it on the forum, so I placed in in the Themed cakes military section. Please take a look. It isn't perfect. But for my first one, I think I did okay. And if someone could tell me how to post my pics in my forum posts, I would appreciate it.
Happy Baking!!
Tanya

Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 11:48am
post #5 of 11

For a first one, I thought yours looks pretty good.
I haven't tried one yet but really want to, just a little nervous. I just did my first chocolate transfer this weekend and it went pretty well, outside of my bag breaking things went pretty well.

Joshsmom Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 12:20pm
post #6 of 11

I should add that I know my first one won't be as nice looking as yours!!!! that's for sure. I definately give a thumbs_up.gif [/quote]

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 12:51pm
post #7 of 11

I think its looks fine. So congratulations! I think it would be perfect for your hubby's promo cake!!! thumbs_up.gifusaribbon.gif How thick would you say it is?

tanyascakes Posted 21 Mar 2005 , 5:44pm
post #8 of 11

Thanks for all the great feedback. I was as nervous as a cat when working on it. The BCT before the backing was maybe 1/4 inch thick. And after maybe 1/2 or little more. i was just wanting to get it right. So who knows what I did, or if it can be done again? But out of the 4 I am needing to do in the next couple of months, this one looked the most difficult because of the details. So if I can do this, I think that I can do anything!! And Joshsmom-I bet that yours will be fantastic!! I just know that with practice, anyone should be able to create fabulous cake art.
Happy Baking!!
Tanya

Joshsmom Posted 22 Mar 2005 , 12:31am
post #9 of 11

Thanks Tanya for the encouragement. I'm hoping to try my first BCT very soon.

There are so many things I want to try with cake decorating but not enough time to do it all, hhmmm maybe having a 3 year old has something to do with not having time???? icon_lol.gif

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 10:59am
post #10 of 11

It looks really good! Very brave design!!

tanyascakes Posted 26 Mar 2005 , 4:54am
post #11 of 11

Thanks Cali. I owe it all to you! Your tutorials were great help. Everything went just as you said it would. The boo-boo I made was from my nervous hand! But I am ready to go for all the rest of them that I have to do. Thanks again! You are absolutely terrific!!
Tanya

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%