Topics Gone??

Lounge By JennT Updated 17 Nov 2005 , 8:30pm by Cake_Princess

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 24

There were 2 topics that I'd been following earlier, one I'd actually commented in, but they're gone now???? I was just checking back in to catch up & I can't find them....anyone know what happened? Or is it just my computer? It has been acting up on me lately, so....? icon_confused.gif Hmmmmm....

23 replies
gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 24

I noticed some missing. I was notified that there was a new comment and when I went to check it was gone!

JennT Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 24

uh-oh....I've seen topics locked before, but never completely removed?! Wonder what happened? icon_confused.gif

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 9:22pm
post #4 of 24

I would like to know also...maybe they had a good reason.

Can't wait to find out through!!!!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 9:25pm
post #5 of 24

Jackie has removed one that I know of...probably to keep if from going in an unfavorable direction!

I'll rephrase that since I don't know forsure.....Jackie may have removed it but I don't know! Cakeprincess may be more accurate than I on the issue.

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 24

The topics are being sorted in to More appropiate forums. Cakes to the cake forum.... Cookies to the Cookie forum etc... I had a similar experience a few days ago posting then having it disappear on me.

LOL, I think they want to see if we are paying attention. LOL

Princess

P.S. Would one of the moderators please post a and let the members know about all the changes that have been happening here?

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 9:30pm
post #7 of 24

I noticed that too, thought it was all in my head!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 9:49pm
post #8 of 24

Sorry if there is any confusion! We are trying to make sure that the posts are put in the proper category and that the thread "title" actually reflect what the thread is about.

stephanie214 Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 10:29pm
post #9 of 24

Thanks MrsMissey for letting us know.

MrsMissey Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 10:43pm
post #10 of 24

thumbs_up.gif ....no prob!!

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 10:44pm
post #11 of 24

when this was done some of my posts were taken away I had almost 340 now i am at 320 again. will they be returned?

JennT Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 10:50pm
post #12 of 24

Ok...so that makes sense to put things in their proper category & all...but I'm still a little confused icon_redface.gif It appears that these topics/threads have been completely deleted...(& as alcacntna pointed out...which is reducing the amount of posts a person has)...not that they've been moved. I thought when something was moved that you guys noted that in bold letters beside the topic title, but I don't see that anywhere. I'm not upset or anything, just wondering what happened? icon_rolleyes.gif Thanks MrsMissey!! icon_smile.gif

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 11:04pm
post #13 of 24

I removed several very off-topic threads today. These were both very long threads, that had far too much emotional and other-cc-member bashing in them. Instead of going through and reminding every person to be more posative. I simply removed it. It was in the best interest of the forum.
And the most efficient way for me to handle it.

charleydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charleydog Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 11:10pm
post #14 of 24

Well, thanks for letting us know Jackie!!

icon_smile.gif

Cake_Princess Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 11:15pm
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennT

Ok...so that makes sense to put things in their proper category & all...but I'm still a little confused icon_redface.gif It appears that these topics/threads have been completely deleted...(& as alcacntna pointed out...which is reducing the amount of posts a person has)...not that they've been moved. I thought when something was moved that you guys noted that in bold letters beside the topic title, but I don't see that anywhere. I'm not upset or anything, just wondering what happened? icon_rolleyes.gif Thanks MrsMissey!! icon_smile.gif

I obviously did not notice threads where removed LOL.. I really don't pay that much attention. However, when some threads are moved they simply just appear in another location without those big bold letters.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 11:39pm
post #16 of 24

Jackie.....thanks for doing that!! Now...back to cakes....

stephanie214 Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 11:50pm
post #17 of 24

I am highly disappointed that my topic "Am I the only one" was removed.

When I posted the topic, it was done only to try and bring everyone back together again and to leave all the drama behind.

My sole purpose on CC is to learn and share my passion for cake decorating with others who feel the same way.

I apologize to anyone who feel that this was wrong...was only trying to do something good.

Hopefully, in the short time that it was on, it did a little good.

Once again, I send out my apologies to eveyone.

JennT Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 1:26am
post #18 of 24

Ok...Thanks Jackie...I'm clear now. I just didn't understand if it was deleted or moved. icon_redface.gif I get your reasoning for deleting it...some people prob. would not have kept it in the positive direction some of us were trying to take it, so out of sight out of mind kind of thing. The conversation had turned to heartburn & gallbladder stuff...lol...and that's what I was going back to see, so it really threw me when it said it "no longer exists"...lol. Oh well....lol. I probably would've grossed someone out if I'd told more about my gallbladder story!! HA! icon_razz.gif

mami2sweeties Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mami2sweeties Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 4:27am
post #19 of 24

I don't mind that questionable threads be removed. I get that.

I also am trying to understand moving threads to boards that will get a better response.

This is all in the interest of good moderating but heck I sure don't like having to hunt my own threads down or someone elses that I am following. It is kinda a pain right now.

I will deal with it though. It is a necessary moderating job just not so fun.

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 6:42am
post #20 of 24

I think that when they are moved we sometimes dont get the amount of imput that we would have gotten if they werent....

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 7:38am
post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastingmoments

I think that when they are moved we sometimes dont get the amount of imput that we would have gotten if they werent....

I know alot of people post everything in GENERAL because they believe it will get the most responses there.

This may be true, but the moderators are working diligently to keep the forums organized and all it does is create more work for the moderators when things are not posted in the right place.

As an online community grows it is important to keep things organized so that people know where to look for the topics they are interested in.

MrsMissey Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 4:22pm
post #22 of 24

..I might also add that it really helps to be specific in the "Title" when posting a new thread. The more specific the title name, the more beneficial it is to everyone! TIA!!

jekizer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jekizer Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 7:54pm
post #23 of 24

Jackie, Heath, & Mrs. Missey,

Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to making this site run as smoothly as it does. I feel like we benefit from this site in so many different ways, that we should accept your decisions without question. I personally am grateful for all that you do and want to say THANK YOU!!!

Jenna

Cake_Princess Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 8:30pm
post #24 of 24

When my thread disappeared, I clicked on my profile and clicked on the all my post link and located it that Way. I could have used the search function to but sometimes that's bit wonky

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%