What Did Dh Do For You For Valentine's?

Decorating By JacsMommy Updated 22 Feb 2007 , 5:52pm by Strazle

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 10:35pm
post #91 of 121

Amen JodieF!!!! Same here, after 22 yrs. So keep your chin up girls, (and guys too)tomorrow is another day and there really will be better days ahead!

Kelrak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kelrak Posted 14 Feb 2007 , 10:37pm
post #92 of 121

My hubby has promised to finish painting the house this weekend...after 3 1/2 years it may finally get done! He might surprise me with a little something after work. The "Fencing Club" at the university where he works sells 3 roses in a bud vase as a fundraiser every year, so he usually gives me those. I'm not a big fan of flowers since they die so quickly. I'm going to get him a big dish of his favorite coldstone ice cream tonight and make him enchiladas.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 1:16am
post #93 of 121

Got to give credit where it's due...I said earlier all I got today was attitude...

well, when I got home, the house was completely cleaned, and there were roses, a card and candy waiting for me. icon_redface.gif

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 1:22am
post #94 of 121

Tiggy2, sorry that your lost your father recently. My dad always tried to make valentines special for me even though he said it was a made up holiday for the florist and card shops. It was the only time he ever went out and bought anything on his own for anyone.

To those that are not having a happy holiday, I am sending you a Cajun Mardi Gras--Come on down and party with us. Next Tuesday is the big day. Parades every day and night. Ya'll come.

This morning my dh gave me an assortment of orchid plants in bloom. Then at school today (we both work at a High School) he sent students to deliver another orchid plant for each class period of the day (4).

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 1:22am
post #95 of 121

Boy, I'm a lucky duck... I got my necklace already, and just now he came home with a black 30Gig iPod!! He rules!!

emmiepeterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmiepeterson Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 1:25am
post #96 of 121

I cooked a non-diet dinner,lol,chocolate heart cake and he brought me roses.

Emily

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 1:39am
post #97 of 121

I had a hysterectomy on Monday and my hubby has been so good to me. Waiting on me hand and foot. he's so cute. I got him a card a while back and gave it to him tonight. He said he is going to take me to the jewelery store so I can pick out a diamond necklace when I can start getting around again. I am on Percoset so I'm happy!!

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 2:17am
post #98 of 121

My DF just brought me two carmel apples from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I love them! I'm enjoying my apple as I type! Yummy! icon_biggrin.gif

We agreed on no valentines since he is fixing to quit his job and go back to shcool and I never have spare money.

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 2:23am
post #99 of 121

I don't have the most romantic DH but he is so practical and sweet...every day of married life he has brought me coffee to bed in the morning....I left a mountain of mess in the kitchen after finishing up a Valentine's cake for work last night...it was spotless when I arrived home...also, no cooking because we had pizza for supper (not on the diet) but it was the thought that counts..and no cooking and/or cleaning! icon_smile.gif

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 2:43am
post #100 of 121

O.K. earlier this morning I said DH hadn't gotten my anything yet but this afternoon I was presented with a pair of gold earrings with heart charms on them and a heart with chocolates in it and a card. He is such a sweetie. Earlier today we went to Wal-Mart for a ink cartridge for my printer dock and their was a woman pushing a cart with 2 kids in it and my hubby stood there with the door open for her which is something he does for people often so I didn't really think anything about it. She walked by me and said "He's a keeper". I thought "Boy don't I know it!" It was freezing out and I know he was thinking about those little kids. I am so very blessed!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 2:46am
post #101 of 121

um yeah... I love my DH but he was a grouch today and decided to tell me how bad of a wife I am for the house not being spotless (hello...family of 6---it will never be spotless OR quiet) and I need to look better for him. Like I said he was in a BAD MOOD. He did start looking online though for hotels for us to get away to for our anniversary in June so he knows how much to save up. (I normally wouldn't put up with him saying stuff like that but the last 2 days has been horrid for him so I knew it was coming)

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 3:40am
post #102 of 121

icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif I have come home from work......and my dh baked me a heart shaped cake!!! I have to take pics to show......it has his name, the dks names and the dog's name....and it says I love you!
Talk about a sweetie!!!

jstump Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstump Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 5:00am
post #103 of 121

I got a card & a stuffed monkey. Last week was our anniversary so this past weekend he took me to Michael's & Hobby Lobby and told me to get whatever I wanted- let's just say he probably won't do that again! icon_biggrin.gif I'm new to all this so I wanted EVERYTHING!!!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 5:05am
post #104 of 121

One doz. yellow roses, a beautiful card and dinner out (this weekend...we BOTH have to work!).

After 34.5 years....not too shabby!

Beth in KY

KCsmom98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCsmom98 Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 5:10am
post #105 of 121

My DH surprised me with a dozen assorted colored roses, a huge hershey kiss filled with hershey caramel kisses inside and a card. He also gave both my daughters bouquets of flowers, not roses, cards and a few toys. He's such a sweetie. I did have to clean up the kitchen icon_sad.gif but at least he was ok with eating leftovers, so i didn't have to cook...

hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day. icon_biggrin.gif

koolaidstains Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koolaidstains Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 5:35am
post #106 of 121

I've been giving dh ideas for a couple of weeks now because normally he isn't good coming up with stuff on his own. Normally we don't make a big deal out of valentine's day, but he kind of messed up my birthday and Christmad (bday's in dec) so I was hoping he'd make up for it. He didn't exactly wow me, but he did get me Godiva (I requested anything chocolate other than whitman's and russel stover LOL) and he surprised me with a nutmeg grinder which I've been wanting, but had forgotten about so it was sweet that he even remembered. This morning when we were shoveling out from our foot of snow a basket of tulips was delivered from my dad. That was a nice surprise, he also sent each of my four kids their own card. DH said he got me flowers from pro-flowers, but they didn't make it here today. I can't really blame him for the snow storm though LOL. He said he got me Calla Lillies which are my favs.

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 5:41am
post #107 of 121

I've really enjoyed reading about all your romantic hubbies !! I'm a single mum ( no bf either icon_cry.gif !) so nothing for me ! my x husband wasn't romantic either,had to buy my own flowers if i wanted them icon_mad.gif
But i got kisses & hugs from my gorgeous kids,so i can't complain too much ! American men seem much more romantic than aussie guys btw !!

julie icon_smile.gif

glory2god Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glory2god Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 5:46am
post #108 of 121

i finally got another digital camera. he brought me the kodak easyshare c743, a purse with candy, candle and bubble bath. my daughter brought me a new cell phone. and, they took me out to dinner. so i am a very happy and very appreciative for all of their efforts.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 12:38pm
post #109 of 121

DH came home last night with a dozen red roses and a huge gift basket with chocolates, coffee, cookies, a coffee mug, and a really cute teddy bear. He also brought both of the boys some chocolate. My 30th birthday is today, but he has school tonight so he won't be home til after 10, but we are taking the boys to grandma's on Friday and going skiing on Saturday. He also wants me to pick out an anniversary band or three stone ring! We were still in college when we got married, and we were broke, so I didn't get an engagement ring. We've been married for 8.5 years already, so it's about time there's some type of diamond on this finger! He said by our 10 year anniversary I can pick out any diamond I want icon_lol.gif As long as I've waited, we may have to go to Harry Winston icon_lol.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 12:57pm
post #110 of 121

Glad to hear more good then bad here..... but I have to say my husband totally forgot Vday.....

Not totally his fault though. We don't usually do much for each other for Christmas or Vday... I don't like surprises, so what we do is just get whatever we want for ourselves and we just say you got me this you got me that.... what I figure is this way when I really want something, no matter how much money it is I say "well I didn't ask for anything for Christmas, vday etc...so I want this....

I know I know not so romantic etc but I find it too hard to have money spent on me when we have three boys that I want them to have. So until the day comes that we have bunches of moolah to spend without thinking about it I prefer it to be this way.....

but I will say our anniversary is coming up and that is the one day that we do something for each other...... we just go out together and shop for the other person and have their input if it's what they want etc.....

I'm aiming for a journey necklace this year...it's the 10 year anniversary so I want BIG... icon_lol.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 4:43pm
post #111 of 121

falyvurdfun... that's the one I got from my DH... if you are talking about the signature journey necklace that is sort of an s shape!!! He got me the *big* one! I think I'm a princess!! icon_wink.gif

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 7:48pm
post #112 of 121

I told my husband we would go out for valentines next week so he didn't have to get me anything. Of course when he came home yesterday I couldn't help checking to see if had brought me anything. icon_smile.gif He said he didn't but he brought in a flower bouquet from the car when I wasn't looking. What a sweetie!

ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 2:47am
post #113 of 121

He surprised me with a dozen red roses this year. He normally gets me balloons and a stuffed bear or something like that.

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 2:55am
post #114 of 121

I FINALLY got my mp3 player, flowers, balloons and movies I'd wanted to rent for a while (didn't want to be out with all those ppl on VDay)

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 3:20am
post #115 of 121

My hubby rocks! I got a new laptop! The hard drive on my desk top too a poop and is not fixable, so we have be sharing a laptop for about 6 months now. He said he got it for me because he knew I would never ask for one or go out and buy one on my own. He knows me toooooooo well! icon_wink.gif No card or anything, but that is normal for him and really couldn't complain this year!

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 3:24am
post #116 of 121

I got a new helmet, gloves & head mask for snowmobiling!!! thumbs_up.gif

Oh yeah!! icon_wink.gif

AnythingSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnythingSugar Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 3:29am
post #117 of 121

My daughter's birthday is Valentine's Day so we had family over last night for her birthday dinner. DH always remember V-day and I got a singing stuffed frog (sings hooked on a feeling lol) , four red roses, and a food saver. (I asked for the food saver.....maybe not romantic but something I wanted).

Daughter just finished college and will graduate in May so DH bought her a new Honda CRV for birthday and graduation. He also got her 2 roses and a stuffed bear.

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 3:36am
post #118 of 121

I have to change what I said about my husband. No he did not get me anything, which is just fine. But he did make me bake a cake. I was depressed for various reasons and he got up and did all the dishes so I could bake a cake that I need to have done on Saturday and than he stayed up with me through the night while I baked. It lifted my mood and by the end of the night I was on cloud 9.

God love the man, he knows what it takes to make me happy.

Rachel

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 3:41am
post #119 of 121

I am a very lucky duck too!! 25 years of marriage and he still keeps surprising me! Hubby got me a 5.5 carat London Blue & Diamond pendant on a gold chain, the ring to match, 4 bags of purple and green M & M's custom made--each m & m has stamped on it "I Love You" then my name below that. He took me to a wonderful Italian restaurant for a great dinner, and, last but not least, the most beautiful card I think I have ever received from him. He SPOILS me rotten and I am glad!!

Lea

jespooky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jespooky Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 3:58am
post #120 of 121

icon_cry.gif I got nothing, barely even a kiss. It was a busy day for both of us and he had to work, so i thought maybe he would suprise me AFTER work? Well he suprised me by being a big JERK! he was yelling at me cause he was tired and grumpy icon_mad.gificon_cry.gif we fought and then he slept on the couch cause the dog was irritating his alergies. icon_cry.gif I got him a giant hershey's kiss (white chocolate, his fav) and sent him a cute monkey e-card....the monkey kept kissing the screen. Hopefully he'll make it up to me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%