Ot Chirstmas Baskets For Co-Workers

Lounge By lilladycreations Updated 15 Nov 2005 , 9:42pm by PinkPanther

lilladycreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilladycreations Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 5

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE CHRISTMAS BASKETS FOR MY FEMALE CO-WORKERS. I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE SOME CANDY AND COOKIES. WHAT ARE THE BEST CHOICES TO MAKE IN ADVANCE. ALSO ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT.

4 replies
mjw15618 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjw15618 Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 5

I do this every year! I try to mix it up a bit....two years ago it was homemade jams, crackers and liquers, last year it was an assortment of bonbons and biscotti. This year, I'm planning on decorated gingerbread cookies. I bought a 6" house-shaped cookie cutter from Foose, and everyone is getting half a dozen of these huge cookies decorated to look like different styles of houses. Some will be log cabins, some will be Victorians, etc. I'm really looking forward to decorating these! Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 6:00pm
post #3 of 5

I try to mix it up, too. A few years ago I did those mixes in jars and everyone loved them! I think I'll do them again this year, in addition to some decorated cookies. There are "recipes" for drinks, brownies, cookies, cakes in a cup, etc.

they're quick and easy to make, and seem to be really appreciated by those who don't bake a lot.

godsgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
godsgrace Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 6:47pm
post #4 of 5

I always add mini loaf breads like banana nut, cherry nut ect. I make them ahead, wrap and freeze them so I can just take them out of the freeze when I am ready to hand them out.

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 9:42pm
post #5 of 5

How far in advance are you wanting to make them? You could always make the cookie dough and freeze it. Then just slice and bake when you're ready. If you make molded candies with Wilton's candy melts or chocolate chips, they last a while. Or toffee would last also. Hope some of these ideas help! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%