Oh My Goodness My First Real Cake Order.

Business By twindees Updated 16 Nov 2005 , 4:07pm by twindees

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 20

I am so EXCITED. icon_biggrin.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif

I have been doing cakes for family, friends & Co-Workers for a while now, (For FREE of course) icon_mad.gif but last night I received my very first paying order. thumbs_up.gif It is for a half sheet yellow cake with pineapple filling. The occasion is a christening and I can decorate it anyway I please. icon_lol.gif

Now of course I am nervous. icon_redface.gif

(O.k. o.k. breathe in and out) Had to talk to myself for a minute.

I just wanted to share my GREAT news with you guys.

And I have until Dec. 10th. Isnt that great? Everything else I have done was mostly last minute. (I HATE THAT) icon_evil.gif

19 replies
lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 20

Congratulations! I sold my first cake last week--they had to practically pry it out of my fingers, it was like I was giving away my own child it was so ridiculous! I was worried if the customer would take care of it, be gentle while driving, would they really APPRECIATE this cake the way I would. Hah! I'm still laughing at myself. But really, congrats--you should be very proud that your hard work and efforts are paying off!

Cakeasyoulikeit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeasyoulikeit Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 3:57pm
post #3 of 20

Congrats! That's great...and you'll do wonderful, I am sure! icon_smile.gif

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 4:00pm
post #4 of 20

twindees,

A big congrats on your first official paying order...your cakes are really pretty.

I know that you will do a fantastic job. thumbs_up.gif

Don't forget to post picture.

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 20

Congrats! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

cakesoncall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesoncall Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 4:12pm
post #6 of 20

Congratulations! You'll do just fine, and you have lots of time to prepare. thumbs_up.gif

Lotsoftots ~ It doesn't really get much easier. We put so much time and energy into these, they are almost like children! (well, I can't say that for sure seeing as how I don't have kids...thank goodness icon_razz.gif ). Just this past weekend, I did a two-tiered baby shower cake, and the client came to me to pick it up. I offered to carry it to her car for her and get it situated, but she said she was fine. thumbsdown.gif Well, I watched in horror as she balanced it on one hand while she fumbled with her car keys. I just knew she was gonna drop my precious baby that I had just spent the entire night before working on! icon_surprised.gif Lucky for me, I didn't have a coronary, and she ended up getting it in the car just fine. Whew! I just have to tell myself sometimes that once payment is in my hand and they see the cake with their own eyes, if they damage it after that, it's no longer my problem....easier said than done. icon_rolleyes.gif

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 5:14pm
post #7 of 20

A Great Big Congratulations ! Wishing You Many More Orders! ( you can't see me but I'm doing
''THE DANCE OF JOY'' For You ! ) thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

melxcloud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melxcloud Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 5:19pm
post #8 of 20

Congrats on your first paying order! icon_smile.gif

twindees Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 5:37pm
post #9 of 20

Thank you guys for your kind words. It is much appreciated. thumbs_up.gif

Lotsoftots - Congrtulations to you also on your first . I know I will react the same way when they come to pickup the cake.

Stephanie214 - Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Cakefairy18 - My mind is going crazy with ideas.

Maxiecakes - I am so hoping this will start the PAYING icon_biggrin.gif orders flowing.

twindees Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 5:38pm
post #10 of 20

Cakesoncall - Yes 3 weeks. That's more than enough time (I HOPE) icon_redface.gif

Sammy-2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sammy-2002 Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 5:52pm
post #11 of 20

Congratulations!!! The first order is so exciting, but a little nerve wracking as well!

You'll do just fine, so don't worry!

Sammy

faded_dress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faded_dress Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 11:01pm
post #12 of 20

Congrats! icon_biggrin.gif It's very exciting isn't it? My first paying cake was in September and I couldn't sleep that night <--dork alert! I love cake orders where they say "Just do whatever". So much fun!

Good luck, I know you'll do great!

eochenski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eochenski Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 11:18pm
post #13 of 20

Congratulations! I too just received my first paying order last week. It's a birthday cake for a good friend's daughter's birthday...makes me a little nervous, but at the same time very excited! She knows exactly what she wants so I hope to be able to capture it for her. Plus, I hope this cake brings more orders! Best wishes to you & your first "real" cake! icon_rolleyes.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 12:28am
post #14 of 20

OHHH the excitement!!! Congrads!!! I'm so happy for you!!! You'll do great!!!!!!

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 4:12am
post #15 of 20

Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures. I just had my first paid cake a couple of weeks ago. It's so exciting. So far, I've gotten two more orders from it, with a few more people mentioning interest. It's a start. icon_rolleyes.gif Good luck to you!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 2:41pm
post #16 of 20

Congrats to you on your first real order....you have plenty of time, so enjoy!! I still get nervous but in a good way! I think it is part of the excitement of doing cakes!

ken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ken Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 2:48pm
post #17 of 20

Congrats! I know the feeling you have. I had an order in SEPT for my biggest order yet. It was 3 1/2 sheets put together and I just got another order for the same size cake. The fact that the cake is so big is what has me nervous. But I wish for you that this is Cash Flow time. Good luck and Congrats!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 2:52pm
post #18 of 20

That's great news! Congrats!!!

cybourg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cybourg Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 3:00pm
post #19 of 20

Congratulations and wishes for many more.

twindees Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 4:07pm
post #20 of 20

Thank you all again. It means so much. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%