Business On A Military Installation

Business By cakecre8tor Updated 19 Nov 2005 , 10:34pm by RaRaRobyn

cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 2:20am
post #1 of 4

Ok I am trying to become legal icon_eek.gif - I guess I am just paranoid to start advertising until I do become legal - but I know since living on a military installation (Army) that I could get a large number of orders since there are so many function (retirments, promotions, welcomes, etc). So I started my process of calling the Department of Agriculture and they said that they could not come on to a military installation. Is anyone here legal on a military base and what did you have to do to become legal? I am going to call the JAG office tomorrow and see what they have to say - I know I have to go thru the HQ in order to get permission to be a home-based business on base but...since it deals with food I would think that I would have to be inspected by someone - maybe the vet corp? So if anyone has had any experience with this and could give me some help that would be great. My DH is very supportive but he is an aviator - so it is not his area of expertise! icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks!

3 replies
bekahscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bekahscakes Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 2:36am
post #2 of 4

I have lived on an air force base for almost 6 years. I don't have a business, but I think base housing has rules about what kinds of businesses you can or cannot run on the base. You might check with the housing office too.

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 15 Nov 2005 , 2:41am
post #3 of 4

Definitely check with housing first... I ran a daycare out of my place when we were in housing (Navy) but even though I was technically going through the navy to do the day care housing had first say whether ir not I could... HTH

RaRaRobyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaRaRobyn Posted 19 Nov 2005 , 10:34pm
post #4 of 4

I agree, go to housing first. I am legal on-base. I went to housing, and honestly, you're blessed if you aren't privatized LOL. They're the ones you really need to worry about. I said I was doing 1-2 cakes a week, nothing huge. They approved it. I went to the Legal Office (I don't know what yours is, I'm on an AFB) and had them give me all the information on how to go about getting it taken care of. We're PCSing in March, so I'll have do it all over again! LOL..but it might be different for different branches, so I would go to whatever your legal branch is..they'll help you out!

Robyn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%