post #1 of 31

That time again every1!!!!

I hope you guys did great!

Berta

30 replies
cake77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake77 Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 31

I didn't do so great this week I seem to be going between losing 2# and gaining 1# the next week, I am at an almost stand still, and gained back 1#, sometimes it gets discouraging, but I know that I will get past this slump. Good Luck to everyone.

Wilma

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 8:25pm
post #3 of 31

Cake77,

Don't be dicouraged, you are doing great!!! Don't dwell on your setbacks, look at what you have accomplished.. It will take time, but you can do it!!! Keep up the good work!!

Cindy

cake77 Posted 14 Nov 2005 , 8:37pm
post #4 of 31

Hi Cindy,

Thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate it. Like my DH says you didn't gain it over night, you won't lose it over night either, it takes time. He is very supportive.

Wilma

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 2:27pm
post #5 of 31

I need to get my butt in gear again and promise to post at least a one pound loss next week. icon_rolleyes.gif

Here's a little chuckle for the WWDivas!

A husband was in big trouble when he forgot his wedding anniversary.
His wife told him "Tomorrow there better be something in the driveway for me that goes from zero to 200 in 6 seconds flat".

The next morning the wife found a small package in the driveway.

She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.

Funeral arrangements for the husband have been set for this Saturday. icon_lol.gif

Have a great day!

MelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelC Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 2:36pm
post #6 of 31

Great story KOS!

Anyhow, I'm down to 206-3/4 ... I too am doing the two steps forward, one step back dance (AARRGGGH!!) but overall, the trend is downward ...

Today will be a bad day for my diet ... it's my B-day and I've already had a coffee with cream and a donut icon_surprised.gif . Oh well, I'll go back to being good tomorrow! icon_redface.gif

admcf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
admcf Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 10:39pm
post #7 of 31

If you don't mind me asking what is this subject on? weight watchers?? If so I'd like to join in. Just give me information on where to post and all. I've always kidded that I'm going to be a sucess on WW and while making cakes!!

mjsparkles2001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjsparkles2001 Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 10:43pm
post #8 of 31

I'd love to know how to get involved too.

blittle6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blittle6 Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 10:46pm
post #9 of 31

Just post your weight on our cake divas post once a week, and anytime you need a boost!! You are more than welcome anytime. If you want to join weight watchers I did it on their web site.

KOS GREAT JOKE.......Although I could see my hubby doing that! LOL!!

I think we all have to keep out head up and not quit. It gets tougher as time passes....I know I have been cheating more and losing less!! That is so NOT what I want!

Berta

mjsparkles2001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjsparkles2001 Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 10:49pm
post #10 of 31

how do you get the little bar at the bottom? Maybe if I see how much I weigh I won't eat as much lol

jss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jss Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 10:59pm
post #11 of 31

just to be sure...is ww... weight watchers...

Tilisha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tilisha Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 11:03pm
post #12 of 31

I think you can do very well making cakes. I have lost 62 pounds on weight watchers. Love the program and i have my cake just in moderation. Good Luck everyone. I have 25 more pounds to loose.

Tilisha

jss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jss Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 11:11pm
post #13 of 31

hi ...happy to have found some ww followers on this cakecentral site...absoluetly love ww...doesn't seem like the two go together...but you can do both

what works for me...keeping a wet dishtowel nearby to wipe my fingers...and keeping a sink of hot water....for the spatulas with icing...lol

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 16 Nov 2005 , 11:25pm
post #14 of 31

Great story, Kos and great advice, Jss. Thanks! Great job to those who lost and for those who are struggling, take it one day at a time. I've had a couple of slow weeks too. I changed my weigh-in to Friday so I'll post my results then. I think it's true that you can do both and be successful.

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 2:27am
post #15 of 31

ok i am at a stand still. A friend of mine had her ears stapled yesterday. anyone ever heard of this before??? I am thinking of doing it.

momoftwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momoftwogirls Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 2:59am
post #16 of 31

well I am offically at ww again. I got the book off the fridge and started counting my points since tuesday.
I did okay today I went over about 7 points, but i will just take them from my flex points. I need to save them because on sat. were are going to a cook out!! wish me luck.

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 3:02am
post #17 of 31

I did pretty good this last week, but I skipped a few workouts and ate junk a few days (regretfully). I actually lost 2 lbs. but I'm wondering how much I could've lost had I behaved fully.

admcf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
admcf Posted 17 Nov 2005 , 3:39pm
post #18 of 31

I did the staple thing in the summer. I heard about it and thought it was cheap so I'd go do it. It really worked for a couple of weeks. You felt full with just a few bites. But it did wear off and I got my other ear pierced. Well I didn't feel any different. I did end up getting both my ears infected and off they came. They said I could go back and adjusting them but I decided it wasn't worth it. The second piercing hurt sooo soo bad that I wouldn't recommend it.

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 4:16am
post #19 of 31

Can I join you Diva's?? I just joined WW last Thursday and have lost 4.25 lbs in the first week. My sister joined wtih me and she lost 8.5!! BRAT!! I was pretty bummed with my lost and got depressed and ALMOST hit Burger King on my way home. How DUMB is that?!? Instead, I got to my dance class early, ate my Pria bar for dinner and read my new booklet for this week. Lemme know if it's OK to join you guys.

Lisa

blittle6 Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 11:57am
post #20 of 31

Of course you can join us Lisa!!! AWESOME JOB on your loss...that is so good!

Berta

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 3:20pm
post #21 of 31

Lisa, Welcome. Congratulations on your loss.

I weighed today and lost 4.5 pounds, too. But I didn't mean to lose that much that fast. Most of it is water weight. I never thought having two toddlers in preschool and Gymboree would be a weight loss plan but it is. Every bug they get, I get.

Anyway, hopefully, it will stay off.

161-148-130

blittle6 Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 6:01pm
post #22 of 31

I lost the pound I gained last week so I was glad of that!!

Berta
212/192/150

Godiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godiva Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 6:22pm
post #23 of 31

Well first and foremost, congratulations for your weight loss...It seems to be such a difficult task in this business, but possible indeed.

I've hear much about WW, but not the kind to follow fads..

How often do you weigh yourselves? What is the average weightloss per week do you find?? I know it differs from person to person, but an idea would help...

For those that have joined WW ONline, how helpful or useful do you think it is versus the Live/On Site service?

Thanks and keep up the good work girls. thumbs_up.gif

llj68 Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 7:00pm
post #24 of 31

WW weigh in's are once a week. They told me that the first week you lose a bit more and then anywhere between 1/2 and 2 lbs a week is considered healthy.

Although I go to meetings--I do use the WW online etools. I use them for tracking points, finding out how many points is in something, building recipes, etc. I love it and will definately keep using it.

WW does not follow the latest fad--rather they work on healthy, gradual weight loss.

Lisa

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 20 Nov 2005 , 11:36pm
post #25 of 31

To get the little progress bars, I think you go to 3fatchicks.com.
Healthy gradual weight loss is the best for you along with exercise, you know why?
That way your body has time to absorb the excess skin. Remember Carnie Wilson, after her stomach procedure she had to have a lot of excess skin removed because she lost her body weight soo fast that her body did not have time to absorb it back in and tone itself up. Of course, this may not happen to everyone....but it happened to me with my belly...I lost a lot of weight in my stomach area too fast and that gave me some flabby skin that did not seem to want to tone up...but now I gained some weight back and have been working on loosing it gradually..so along with exercise, a healthy diet, and my secret weapon- Dove Skin Firming lotion (it works!) my stomach is starting to finally look better and my belly button does not disappear as easily.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 20 Nov 2005 , 11:37pm
post #26 of 31

Forgot to add!
Keep it up ladies, good job! thumbs_up.gif

blittle6 Posted 20 Nov 2005 , 11:51pm
post #27 of 31

Thanks for the tip Mouse and everyone keep up the good work. I'll post our new thread in the morning!

I do find the WW online useful as well. I love the recipe builder and point tracker. It really helps keep me on track.

Berta

llj68 Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 1:06am
post #28 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by blittle6

Thanks for the tip Mouse and everyone keep up the good work. I'll post our new thread in the morning!

I do find the WW online useful as well. I love the recipe builder and point tracker. It really helps keep me on track.

Berta

Me, too. Those are my 2 favorites. Especially the recipe builder at this time of the year! I have all these recipes that are a conglomeration of ingredients that would be SO hard to figure out points for! I'm going to go through my recipe book and plug all of them into there and write down the points in my recipe book.

Lisa

cake77 Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 6:29pm
post #29 of 31

Mouse, Thank you for your tip, I did not realize this, but as I read it and thought about it, it made alot of sense. I'll be buying some dove skin firming lotion, next time I go shopping. Thanks for letting us know.

Wilma

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 6:53pm
post #30 of 31

i'm joining...i lost 40 lbs in 2 months...then another about 18 on my own..and after like a year and a half i cant lose anymore!!

i know i have the ww book somewhere..i just need to find it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%