Has Any One Ever Tried Sugar Silk?

Decorating By 2sdae Updated 13 Feb 2007 , 8:33pm by ShirleyW

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 3

I recently bought a sugar paste called sugar silk by celcakes. It's endorsed and shown how to use by Marcela Sanchez. This stuff is awesome! It stretches so far because you can roll it out super- super thin fine and it holds up so well and is light weight. It's beautiful silky texture just looks like real folded fabric and the fluidity that this product lends to your designs is incredible! I also purchased the video with Marcela Sanchez and Margaret Ford in it also demonstrating several flowers with the flower paste also. It is really informative and gives you great ideas on care of and how to's with this product. Thought I'd throw another tidbit of something new, at least new to me, out there for others.
http://globalsugarart.com/catalog/product_19578_Sugar_Silk_Paste_by_Marcela_Sanche
Scan about 1/2 way down page for description and more links to when you click link.

2 replies
2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 8:27pm
post #2 of 3

In the video they show you how to make some bows, drapes, and a dress for a female figure as well as the flowers Margaret Ford shows you.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the review on that product. I haven't tried it but think I will in the future. There is another one called Artista Soft paste. A friend from England sent some for me to try, I keep saying I am saving it for something special. She says what she likes best about it is that when it dries it is almost like fabric. The other nice thing is you can make a flower with it, dust it with petal dust and later if you should decide you want a different color you can hold the flower under the water tap and wash the color off, let the flower dry and redust with another color of petal dust.

Okay, you just cost me some money. I just ordered the paste, books and dvd. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%