I Need To Paint My Knikes But I Need You Crafty Girls Help

Decorating By DisneyDreamer Updated 13 Feb 2007 , 8:44pm by nichi

DisneyDreamer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DisneyDreamer Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 4:15pm
post #1 of 6

okay well really its more them knifes handles (they are metal and plastic) then i have to mark tips and all my other tools for school! well here is the catch it has to be food safe and high heat resistant! okay here is where the crafty part come in i want my knifes to stand out from everyone else in the class (I dont want there to be ANY confusion on if they are mine or not) i was thinking leopard spots and shamrocks. any suggestions on what paint I could use and how to paint them i would appreciate it thanks

5 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 6

The only paints I know of that are high heat resistant are automotive paints, not good near food.

I would just go to the local Dollar Tree and see if they have one of those battery-operated engraver pens, and mark my name on them that way.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 6:11pm
post #3 of 6

I'd go for the engraving and for apiece of bright tape wrapped around the handle at the top. if the tape starts to look ratty, put on a fresh one.

torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 8:08pm
post #4 of 6

You could paint them with non- toxic acrylic paint then coat them in liquid glass which is heat resistant and super hard. It is like a clear resin. I have used it on a painted cutting board its fantastic. In Australia you can but this in craft stores and hardware shops it comes in to two bottles which are tipped on at the same time...when dry it looks like a glass/perpex coating.... Have a look around for it ...it's great stuff!!!.. icon_lol.gif

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 6

they make paint for appliances and grills which is heat resistant you can get it at home depot and lowes and i think even walmart. im not sure but i think its in white black and silver. maybe get a stencil and make zebra stripes.

nichi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nichi Posted 13 Feb 2007 , 8:44pm
post #6 of 6

Everyone in our class tried everything from paint to colored duct tape & sharpies. Engraving is the best although it doesnt stand out. Even then people still jack your stuff while your in school. Sad but true. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%