Need Help From Cookie Bouquet Designers

Baking By sgirvan Updated 13 Nov 2005 , 3:38pm by traci

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 6:16am
post #1 of 7

I have a client who would like a cookie bouquet for her mom's 60th b-day, I don't know these people at all but she gave me 100 and 1 pieces of info regarding her mom for me to try and work into the cookies. I am going to do 2 dozen cookies. Any thoughts for ideas with this one, I am drawing a blank. I usually do a theme, color, valentines flowers etc but she wants it to be "special"

Thanks

6 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 10 Nov 2005 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 7

does she have any hobbies or interests that you could incorporate? what about a current or former profesion?

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 4:53pm
post #3 of 7

To take several ideas that don't relate wont give the boquet any "cohesiveness" If there are any, take 4-6 related items that cover a spectrum and work with that, the container it goes in should also add to the theme if at all possible (even if it means painting a flower pot).
JMHO. Heather

sgirvan Posted 12 Nov 2005 , 9:50pm
post #4 of 7

Hey guys,

Yes it is hard when there are so many "things" the client wants to try to fit into the basket. I think that I can do many things and just have to stay within a few colors though so that all the cookies I will do will seem to blend even though there will be a large variety of cookies.
I'll post pics when they are done

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 1:10am
post #5 of 7

It sounds really neat...what was on the list of interests???

sgirvan Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 6:44am
post #6 of 7

Ok so she is turning 60, favorite color is green, likes winter activities, is a capricorn, likes animals, is a grandmother those kind of things. I am still putting it all together, I have until the 8th of December thumbs_up.gif

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 13 Nov 2005 , 3:38pm
post #7 of 7

I think you would be fine doing a mixture of cookies. I think you should stay with bold colors like green, red, yellow, blue, and orange. You might look for a cute container that has balloons and streamers and stuff like that. You could even mix in lots of curly ribbon to match....I bet she is going to love it. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%