White Chocolate Ganache

Decorating By Cristacake Updated 12 Feb 2007 , 6:57pm by pinknlee

Cristacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cristacake Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone,

Does any one have any white chocolate ganache recipes?
I have already been through the frosting recipes and did print one of the ganache recipes. Just wondering if any one had any more info, or tricks.

And I want to ice the cake lightly in white buttercream before pouring on the cooled ganache? How long can a cake covered in the ganache sit at room temp?

Thank you for your time and any info you can share icon_smile.gif.

God Bless,
Crista

3 replies
Elfie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elfie Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 4

I would definately frost the cake in white buttercream before pouring the ganache. Every flaw shows with the fondant, especially white which is not very forgiving. You may need to cover the cake with 2 coats of the white ganache.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 4

You are going to need quite a bit more white chocolate (I think like 3x more) than you would for dark chocolate because it is made mostly with cocoa butter, doesnt have as much cocoa solids? I think (I could be blowing smoke, but I think that is right!) Otherwise it is really runny. I even did that though, increased the amount of white choc) and it was still really runny. It tasted good, but I dont know if you can get the thick pouring consitency that the regular ganache will get you. Regular ganache you can leave out for 2-3 days, but I am not sure about white chocolate. I venture it would probably be the same but I dont know for sure. I think cheftaz has a recipe listed for regular ganache, but at the bottom it tells you how to make the white. I think there might have been a recipe on www.baking911.com also.

pinknlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinknlee Posted 12 Feb 2007 , 6:57pm
post #4 of 4

Baking911.com has all the info you will ever need on Genache. Go there. I printed the info and put in my cookbook. White chocolate lumps quickly, so watch it when you are stir it to not over stir. A little more work but worth it. To make it thicker it has to cool, so you need to refridgerate it. I have made it a lot.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%