White Cake Help

Baking By adven68 Updated 8 Nov 2005 , 7:03pm by peachstate

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 11

Hi guys...I used the "wedding cake recipe"...
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1190-6-Wedding-Cake.html
and it came out extremely dense...

Does anybody have an easy recipe for white or yellow cake that is moist but a little fluffy as well? Thanks so much!

10 replies
denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 3:30pm
post #2 of 11

I'm glad that you posted this because every scratch white cake I make either tastes eggy or floury icon_cry.gif I'm looking for a good one too. Usually I just use a doctored white cake mix. It looks like to me in that recipe they forgot to list the milk in the ingredients?? icon_confused.gif Do you think??

Hugs, ~Denise

adven68 Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 11

Do you think that's it? Does anyone know because I spent a whole lot of time and ingredients on 2 batches of this cake and I don't think I can use it for my cake.

I'm a little freaky right now cause I'm going away with DH Monday and Tuesday......Friday I have this cake due for 40 people. The following Friday I have a cake due for 200 people and 2 days after that I have a cake due for 40 people. Not to mention my sister's birthday tomorrow. I just need a good cake recipe....I so wanted to make them from scratch but if I don't get a killer recipe, I think I'm going to do box cakes with pudding. Any suggestions?

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 4:10pm
post #4 of 11

Here are a couple of suggestions...I used the Classic White cake II recipe from this site and thought it was really good.....

Or, you could go with the cake mix and do the following (someone posted this recently on another string):

white cake mix
1 small box of white chocolate pudding
4 egg whites
1 t clear vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup water ( probably could use milk if you want)
1/3 cup oil

Hope this helps...

adven68 Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 4:23pm
post #5 of 11

Thanks so much...since you tried the classic white II, I think I'll try that one....

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 4:31pm
post #6 of 11

I really liked that cake, it wasn't too sweet and I used a rasberry filling with white buttercream..
Happy Baking!!

RaRaRobyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaRaRobyn Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 5:18pm
post #7 of 11

PM me and I can give you tried and true recipes for either one, yellow or white. Very fluffy and delicious! I can get them to you by tonite!

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 5:32pm
post #8 of 11

WOW...you are a busy girl!! Yeah...I really think that the milk hasn't been listed in the recipe. You could probably add one cup of milk and I bet that would fixed the dense problem.

Hugs, ~Denise

peachstate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peachstate Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 5:40pm
post #9 of 11

Oh my .... Whoever posted this recipe is wonderful!
I am in the process of baking several different white cupcakes so that I can choose the best one for a wedding cake later on. I started with just the plain Duncan Hines French Vanilla (okay), now I am on the recipe listed above with the white choc. pudding. If it tastes half as good cooked as it does off the mixing spoon, this will be the one that I choose. I normally dont like white cake, but this one is great. Is the batter supposed to be really thick? It is great though. I will have to taste one when its out of the oven...12 min to go.

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 6:04pm
post #10 of 11

adven
except for the almond extract classic white II looks like a copy of rose levy's white cake. so it should turn out fine.

cake for 200...lordy, that's a lot of tiers! good luck!

peachstate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peachstate Posted 8 Nov 2005 , 7:03pm
post #11 of 11

The cupcakes came out great using the recipe above. 1 question though. Can you use anything other than sour cream to make a cupcake more dense. I need to make another batter, but dont have sour cream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%