Ot!!! Guess What!!!!

Lounge By RaRaRobyn Updated 5 Nov 2005 , 6:38pm by SquirrellyCakes

RaRaRobyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaRaRobyn Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 28

I got my GED!!!! I'm 20, and I've put it off for 2 years now. I left high school in 11th grade to be home-schooled, but the home-school institution became unaccredited in the middle of my Senior year, and they did NOT notify me, so I continued my education for NOTHING!! The state wouldn't honor my Graduate Certificate from the insitution, so I had to get my GED. I was so nervous to take it...but I passed with an overall of 94% and I aced 3 of the subjects!!!!

Robyn

27 replies
tanyap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyap Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 28

Congrats! So...any plans after this? Or, are you going straight into the cake business?!? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 28

Okay, that last statement was T.M.I. but CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That sucks you had to go through the hassle, but now it's done and over with and you can move on. WTG! party.gif

Tilisha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tilisha Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 28

Congrads. I have a friend who got her GED and was like the top person in the state. Good Luck!!!

charleydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charleydog Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 9:05pm
post #5 of 28

Good for you!!!! I did that when I was 23 (with 4 kids under 6) it was hard, but doesn't it feel great!!!! Now what?? Whats next on your list of things to do?? Keep going, while your still enthusiatic!!!

icon_smile.gif

Fishercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fishercakes Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 9:05pm
post #6 of 28

Congrats to you!! Way to go! It took me five years to get up the courage to take mine.

Kudos to you!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 9:11pm
post #7 of 28

Wow, good for you kiddo, you are an inspiration! Wonderful, it is never too late!
Heehee, had to figure out TMI, too much information, heehee. Hhmn, next step is to get a degree in acronymns from C.C. U. right?
That is great news and your hard work paid off!
Hugs SQuirrelly

MominSC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MominSC Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 9:17pm
post #8 of 28

Aww good for you!!! I too left school early (due to having my 1st son). I put it off until I was pregnant with my daughter..finished it up and then when I was pregnant with my last son, I put myself through nursing school. I told hubby...1 more kid and I could become a doctor icon_wink.gif Congrats to you again and good luck in whatever you choose to do now thumbs_up.gif

Beth

RaRaRobyn Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 9:22pm
post #9 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaJuarez

Okay, that last statement was T.M.I. but CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That sucks you had to go through the hassle, but now it's done and over with and you can move on. WTG! party.gif

I went ahead and took the last part out. I wasn't sure if you were serious or joking, but hey, regradless!! LOL! Thanks for all the lovely comments!!

I'm going to go to college in Fall of 06, once I get settled in Alaska. I'll be majoring in journalism!! I have always wanted to be a writer, and my dream is to have my own column with the New York Times.

Thanks for all the congrats!! Y'all are awesome!

ellepal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellepal Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 9:24pm
post #10 of 28

Congratulations! Now you get to bake yourself a cake!! icon_smile.gif

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 9:27pm
post #11 of 28

Congratulations!

Debbie

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 9:33pm
post #12 of 28

CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK IN ALASKA!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 10:32pm
post #13 of 28

CONGRATS!

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 10:34pm
post #14 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaRaRobyn

I went ahead and took the last part out. I wasn't sure if you were serious or joking, but hey, regradless!! LOL! Thanks for all the lovely comments!!

I was TOTALLY joking. icon_lol.gif

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 11:57pm
post #15 of 28

Congratulations RaRaRobyn,

You did a smart and brave thing and should be proud of your GPA.

I home schooled my last son because he had medical problems and I got tired of fighting the school system.

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 12:00am
post #16 of 28

Yippee for you!!!!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 12:11am
post #17 of 28

CONGRADS ROBYN!! Be VERY proud of yourself!!! Having a GED is just as special as a HS diploma!!! Never let anyone ever tell you any different!! icon_smile.gif

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 12:44am
post #18 of 28

Well good for you!!!!!

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 12:51am
post #19 of 28

OMG! How proud you must be!! That is totally awesome..I know you know..(LOL) what hard work and sacrifices you had to endure, but isn't that piece of paper soooooo worth it?

AND...such a high score! YOU ROCK!

Let's hope this is the start of you putting your feet down the road of HIGHER LEARNING!..lol

What a rush you must've had to learn that not only did you pass with such a high score but you aced those 3 subjects.

not a small feat!

Good for you!

*Hugs!..many many hugs!

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 12:58am
post #20 of 28

Hey! Way to go!!!! I have a degree in education, and I took my kids out of public school because I couldn't deal with the crap any longer. Great that you got the GED...that makes the government happy, but honey~ you earned your education from the "un-acreddited" school , paperwork or not! Now you're legal...BUT you've always been educated. Best of everything to you, and again...WAY TO GO!!!!

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 1:02am
post #21 of 28

Congratulations.

Kind of sucks that they did not notify you though. But the good thing is you reached your goal. Way To go!!!!!

Princess

RaRaRobyn Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 1:22am
post #22 of 28

You all are awesome!! Thanks so much!! My husband is away right now, and I'm visiting family, so it's great that while Matt has to be gone that I have the support here too!

My husband is Air Force, so the expense was covered by the government, which is I guess who gets the money when you pay, so technically it was on the house I guess, LOL!

Again, thanks so much!! You all made my day...well, besides the whole "getting my diploma" thing icon_cool.gif

mommykicksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommykicksbutt Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 1:35am
post #23 of 28

CONGRATS! You should be very proud of yourself! Now don't stop there! Life is a continual process of learning.... actively seek it out and NEVER stop!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 1:42am
post #24 of 28

Congratulations...you should be very proud of yourself! thumbs_up.gif

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 1:52am
post #25 of 28

CONGRATULATIONS ROBYN!! YOU KEEP FOLLOWING YOUR DREAM, I'LL BE LOOKING FOR YOUR COLUMN IN THE NEW YORK TIMES thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

RaRaRobyn Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 2:49pm
post #26 of 28

Maxiecakes, your post gave me the chills!LOL, just to know someone believes that I can get a column in the New York Times, how sweet of you!

Thanks everyone! I feel like a big part of a HUGE family!!

You all are great!

~Robyn~

PurplePetunia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PurplePetunia Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 3:24pm
post #27 of 28

Congratulations to you!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Your determination is very admirable.

icon_smile.gif

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 6:38pm
post #28 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaRaRobyn

Maxiecakes, your post gave me the chills!LOL, just to know someone believes that I can get a column in the New York Times, how sweet of you!

Thanks everyone! I feel like a big part of a HUGE family!!

You all are great!

~Robyn~

Robyn, when you believe in yourself and work hard to get what you want, as you have, you can achieve whatever your goal is! I think you are going into a fascinating field! You can do it!
Hugs Squirrelly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%