Wilton Tent Sale

Decorating By khiggins Updated 18 Mar 2005 , 4:05pm by Lisa

khiggins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khiggins Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 21

Has anyone ever went to the Wilton tent sale that they have once a year? It advertises big savings, but I was wondering what they consider "big savings".

20 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 21

Hmm makes me wonder. I have never heard of tent sale at Wiltons, that could be problemsome for my pockets!!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 21

hmm.. icon_confused.gif Where is the wilton store anyway? probably and I am more than positive far far away from me.. icon_mad.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 6:45pm
post #4 of 21

The wilton tent sale takes place in a suburb outside of Chicago, IL
It would be about a 2 hour drive for me, doesn't mean I can afford to go though.

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 6:51pm
post #5 of 21

I have gone and am planning my trip already. I have a list. It is a very good savings. A good majority of the shaped pans are only $5 and a lot of thier sets that usually sell for 30 can be found around 15. They have all thier supplies out and are considerably cheaper then the stores. You can also find products from their other companies, like tea kettles, picture frames ect. There tent sale usually has all of the products they carry. It is well worth the trip. I know last year, some ladies on another site actually flew in to get together to go the sale. If you can go, I would, you wont be disappointed.

khiggins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khiggins Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 8:20pm
post #6 of 21

Thank you so much for the info. It will about a four hour drive but it sounds like the thing to do..plus what better to do...shop for new cake stuff. Thanks again.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 8:56pm
post #7 of 21

Don't forget to plan for extra money for the tolls- unless you have an IPASS (auto system for paying tolls in IL).

KrazyKross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazyKross Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 9:35pm
post #8 of 21

My daughter and I frequent the tent sale every year, usually 2 or 3 times while it is there. All the cake decorating items, i.e, food color, boxes. cardboards, parchment, almost anything you can imagine is 35-40% off the regular price. They even have wedding cake supplies and party supplies. Just about anything in the Wilton yearbook or at their on-line store is available. The stock changes from day-to-day, so you never know what you may find! Luckily, I'm only about 10 minutes away. We usually spend around $250 a year at the tent sale. I think it would be well worth a trip if you're not too far away.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 17 Mar 2005 , 11:19pm
post #9 of 21

I sure wish Wilton would have one closer to me!!! I also think that Wilton should help us decorator's out some by offering us some kind of a discount! I've bought so much Wilton stuff!!! Like a card you can get at the grocery store. They swipe it everytime you buy from there & when you spend over a certain amount you get a discount in the mail. That would be great!! Michael's did give a 10% discount on any Wilton stuff while I was taking the cake classes. That helped a lot!

lovetobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetobake Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 3:21am
post #10 of 21

When are the tent sales?

cakeconfections Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 3:26am
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetobake

When are the tent sales?

June 3-21

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 4:07am
post #12 of 21

I took my Wiltonses at a Hobby Lobby 50 miles away. At the first we got a voucher for 10% off any cake decorating supplies during the course of the class. I was saying yee ha to that but for the second class they us the same voucher but said it was for a one time use only. Here we were there for how many weeks and we got a measly 10% off one night. I was disgusted because I was spending some bucks on every week, so I told my instructor I'd be buying my supplies at a town nearer my home where they have every Wilton tip made and a heck of a lot more cake stuff than HL. I've bought a very few things at Hobby Lobby since then.

Yesterday I went to that store and browsed through the tip drawers with a Wilton Yearbook and got about 7-8 tips I just wanted to try out. There's so much I want to learn. I can't bring myself to take another class. I sure wish I knew or some people in my area or surrounding area who do cake decorating and would like to form a club/group to get together to learn and share neat things. Guess I need to take the initive and look into it myself. For al I know they meet every week someplace nearby without me!! Eek!!
Boy, I got off the topic. LOL Sorry!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 4:30am
post #13 of 21

Hey Carol~ If you really want to form a group why not post something in the local newspaper about it. That's an idea! Don't have everyone interested in it come to your home. For your safety! Have a meeting in a public place like VA Hall, public library, place to eat, even school or church. Ask those places first, LOL! Once you get to know everyone & find them safe then maybe you could meet at your homes. Swap houses each week. Wouldn't that be fun!! icon_smile.gif HMMMMM maybe I'll look into something like that here!! I loved taking the classes & I hated it when they ended! I might use my own advice!!! icon_biggrin.gif

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 12:10pm
post #14 of 21

how often do they have these sales?...and why is it only in the chicago area?

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 12:54pm
post #15 of 21

I just read on their site its once a year, and its near home office. I guess I wont be going icon_cry.gif we will be packing out those days icon_razz.gifthumbs_up.gif

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 1:48pm
post #16 of 21

what, are you pscing flavurdfun??? icon_surprised.gif

threesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
threesa Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 2:11pm
post #17 of 21

Our local Hobby Lobby puts all of their Wilton stuff on sale 50% off once or twice a year. I stumbled on in before I really started decorating and only bought a few things. I can't wait for the next one. My list is already long. I can't seem to find out when it will be so I just keep watching the ads.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 2:51pm
post #18 of 21

threesa...If you find out when the HL sale is, would you post it? I love that sale and I never get the ads.

cakeconfections Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 3:59pm
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa

threesa...If you find out when the HL sale is, would you post it? I love that sale and I never get the ads.

they put thier ads online. www.hobbylobby.com and click on the newspaper link.

Lisa Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 4:02pm
post #20 of 21

Thanks so much! I wish they would open their own online store.

Lisa Posted 18 Mar 2005 , 4:05pm
post #21 of 21

Oh...I see where you can shop online! Anyone bought through Crafts Etc before?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%