Cookie Cutter Search

Baking By texastwinkie Updated 3 Dec 2005 , 10:33pm by legalbaking

texastwinkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastwinkie Posted 3 Nov 2005 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 24

Several years ago on the cover of the Family Circle April 3, 2001 issue were the most beautiful cookies, the article was titled Prettiest Spring Cookies. They showed a a cookie that was a little girl with a hat and a scalloped hemmed dress and a little boy with pants, shirt and hat on. I only have the cover of the magazine but have been searching high and low for those cutters. Anyone know of any cookie cutters that fit that description and where I can purchase them?

23 replies
frostedexpressions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frostedexpressions Posted 3 Nov 2005 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 24

YOU MIGHT TRY www.kitchengifts.com or www.foosecookiecutters.com They both have lots of cookie cutters. hope this helps

texastwinkie Posted 3 Nov 2005 , 10:15pm
post #3 of 24

Thanks, Ive tried those and no luck. It's like a needle in a haystack. These are the cutest cutters. The girl has a big floppy hat and scalloped dress. Really cute! Anyone else have a good source for cookie cutters?

DiH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiH Posted 3 Nov 2005 , 10:18pm
post #4 of 24

Have you tried contacting Family Circle to ask the source of those particular cutters?

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 3 Nov 2005 , 10:19pm
post #5 of 24

could you send an e-mail to Family Cirlce - maybe they can tell you where you can get them....

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 3 Nov 2005 , 10:27pm
post #6 of 24

Kitchen crafs may have the tin and you can make your own..

If worse comes to worse

Nana2three Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nana2three Posted 3 Nov 2005 , 10:29pm
post #7 of 24

Go to the hardware store and buy some thin roof flashing. Trace the pattern onto with a permanent marker and cut it out with a knife.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 3 Nov 2005 , 10:35pm
post #8 of 24

Try this ebay seller.Email her and see if she can't find it for you.

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Cookie-Cutter-Shop_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

Also try this one too...

http://stores.ebay.com/Cookie-Cutter-Kitchen_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

Also try www.coppergifts.com

edencakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edencakes Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 12:05am
post #9 of 24

They sound like Holly Hobby - I can't seem to find any cutters, but this may help you in your searches if that's what you're looking for. I'll attach some pics, sorry these are the best I could find.
LL
LL

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 12:26am
post #10 of 24

Well, what I have done, is to trace out pictures, enlargen them to the sizes I want and then use a cardstock or heavier cardboard, you can laminate it if you like and just trace around. For many years when I did not have the cookie cutters I wanted, this is how I got around it.
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 12:33am
post #11 of 24

I buy the already made (cheap) thin tin cookie cutters in all sizes and then I reshape them to whatever pattern I need. I think they are about 50 cents each, but you already have them tacked together and they are real easy to shape. Give that a try. The pansy cookies in my photos were done from one I reshaped. HTH--Pam

kalikw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalikw Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 4:23am
post #12 of 24

You may want to try www.fancyflours.com. They have a great collection of cookie cutters and they may be able to find the cutters for you.

klkhoneycutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klkhoneycutt Posted 4 Nov 2005 , 9:02pm
post #13 of 24
charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 1:29am
post #14 of 24

You guys have some great ideas!!! Thanks for sharing these ideas! I had bought some pipe tape (?) that someone had recommended but I couldn't for the life of me shape that stuff!! Back to the hardware store I go for the roof flashing!! lol Gonna have to try reshaping some that I already have too!!

Mac Posted 5 Nov 2005 , 2:39am
post #15 of 24

I found reshaping to be easier than starting from flat tin.

texastwinkie Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 12:10am
post #16 of 24

Ok, heres an update! I emailed Family Circle and they gave me contact info. I then decide to call the post office where that PO box was located since it was such dated info. The Post office informed me that it was an expired PO with no forwarding info. After that I continued searching on the net and finally found out the ladies name whom originaly did the cookies and had the cutter offer. She called me to let me know she was no longer sold cutters and the tinsmith whom had done her cutters had passed away. Boy..I fell like a cookie cutter detective. Anyway she told me I could try and find a tinsmith to make them. So..I blew up the pic, traced it on some paper and contacted one of my favorite cookie cutter sites. He said he would love to see the image and would let me know if he would be intrested in making them. I'm waiting to hear back form him. I have noticed some sites sell copper for do it yourself cutters and was wondering if any of you have used the copper kit? I'm also intrested in thry to reshape a cutter..what tools do you use?

cakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebox Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 5:43am
post #17 of 24

I haven't tried the kits but I want to get one from Sweet Celebrations too. I think it comes with a few simple tools but I'm not sure. I recently found a cookie cutter web site that had a "sunbonnet girl" cutter - it's www.thelittlefoxfactory.com but they only take mail orders (no credit cards). I was trying to look for Fox Run Craftsman and this site turned up on the list. HTH

TamiAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamiAZ Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 5:57am
post #18 of 24

Here's another source for custom cookie cutters... http://www.frankencutters.com/fc/ I needed a fire truck cookie and couldn't find one in the size I needed... I sent Frank a photo copy of a cookie cutter I had and he enlarged it to just the right size. His prices are very reasonable and he does great work!! thumbs_up.gif

texastwinkie Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 1:35pm
post #19 of 24

I'm a little affraid to ask for a custom made one..some of the sites charge around 60.00 dollars to make one. I hate to be too nosey but was Frankencookie pretty reasonable when they made the firetruck cutter?

Mac Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 1:44pm
post #20 of 24

Hey Texastwinkie--
I just use my hands and fingers to reshape the thin tin ones. Maybe some needlenose pliers. It's not as hard as it sounds. Give it a try.

ngarza07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngarza07 Posted 29 Nov 2005 , 8:03pm
post #21 of 24

TexasTwinkie,

I have used the copper cookie cutter kit and love it. I have purchased replacement strips to make more. I bought mine through foosecookiecutters.com I've even made some for friends. They come with tools that help bend sharp corners and make rounded edges. I have also done the cut out a template thingy using cardstock. Too time consuming for me, unless I'm only making a few of a specific design. I tend to make cookies in batches of at least 30 of a single design and prefer to have a cutter.

texastwinkie Posted 30 Nov 2005 , 3:45am
post #22 of 24

Thanks everyone.. I have sent the pattern off to one of the online cookie cutter stores and they are going look at it and see if they think they may want to make it. If they decline I think I may buy one of those do it yourself kits.

lpino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lpino Posted 30 Nov 2005 , 8:28pm
post #23 of 24

I needed a pear shaped cookie cutter once and I had a really hard time finding one (can you believe it? a pear? hard to find?); anyways, I found a website that has tons of cookie cutters and they had just what I needed.
Try it, maybe they have what you are looking for:

www.pinenose.com

Good luck.

legalbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
legalbaking Posted 3 Dec 2005 , 10:33pm
post #24 of 24

Another good cookie cutter site is http://www.coppergifts.com!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%