I Need Good Buttercream Recipe

Baking By kitkatkit Updated 10 Feb 2007 , 2:19pm by cakes-more

kitkatkit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitkatkit Posted 9 Feb 2007 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 4

I'm making a cake this weekend and I need a good Buttercream recipe that will hold up outside. It is for a baby shower and it is at a park so I don't want it to melt. I've tried alot of Buttercream recipe but they are not very tasty. Does anyone have a good one that taste really good. Thanks for your help! I love this website. I'm so addicted

3 replies
Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 9 Feb 2007 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 4

Hey Kit! I've used the Buttercream Dream recipe off of this site lots lately. It is really yummy! I'm not sure how it would hold up outside though as I'm in Missouri and it's only been just above 0 for the last few weeks. Maybe someone else could help you with that. BC Dream is very good though!!

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 9 Feb 2007 , 7:03pm
post #3 of 4

Here is a link to your previous post with several recipes listed...Hope this helps...

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-102691.html

Cindy

cakes-more Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes-more Posted 10 Feb 2007 , 2:19pm
post #4 of 4

I have never used any other recipe than this one. My first wedding cake was in August in over 90 degrees. When transporting cake, it sat in my trunk for over an hour waiting on someone to open the building and it held up fine. I also used it for an outdoor birthday party in July.

2 lbs powder sugar
2 tblsp meringue powder
2 c crisco
1/3 c water
1-1/4 tsp vanilla flavor
1/4 tsp almond flavor
1/4 tsp butter flavor
1/4 tsp lemon flavor
3/4 tsp salt

Mix flavors, water and salt....set aside.
Open powder sugar and add meringue powder...stir in top of bag a little.
Cream shortening. Add above liquid you had set aside and cream, low speed.
Add all powder sugar at once, cover blender with damp towel and cream on low or med/low speed until blended.

This makes stiff icing....just add more water (a tsp at a time) to get to consistency you want. This will crust over nicely. I wait 10-15 minutes after icing my cake and then smooth it by hand, covering with parchment paper.

Good Luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%