Need Help Tonight!! How Do I Dry Fondant Quickly??

Decorating By Cake_Geek Updated 1 Nov 2005 , 10:52pm by mommykicksbutt

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 11:12pm
post #1 of 7

I got a little over zealous and made a witch's hat out of fondant for a cake I need to take to work tomorrow for a coworker's party. How can I get the fondant to dry quick enough that it won't collapse or break when I put it on the cake? I am going to put it on the fence post like its hanging there.

Thanks!

Dia

6 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 1 Nov 2005 , 2:45am
post #2 of 7

Give it a good dusting of cornstrach. icon_smile.gif

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 1 Nov 2005 , 2:48am
post #3 of 7

Yup .. cornstarch or if you tylose, add that to your fondant .. it will make it dry faster and harder .. good luck!

mommykicksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommykicksbutt Posted 1 Nov 2005 , 3:19am
post #4 of 7

I agree, tylose if you have it will work get to get it to dry faster, that and maybe a little bit of a breeze to help the drying out process. I find that if the ceiling fan over the kitchen table is spinning while I'm working with fondant that the fondant always drys faster (sometimes too fast)

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 1 Nov 2005 , 11:16am
post #5 of 7

I just have the ceiling fan on because of my flashing and it dries hard enough to handle the next day.

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 1 Nov 2005 , 12:36pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the replies. I left it on the counter rather than putting it on the cake last night. I added some support with some clear packing tape doubled up on itself when I added it to the take. I just didn't want the brim to fall. Looks good. I'll post some pictures tonight.

mommykicksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommykicksbutt Posted 1 Nov 2005 , 10:52pm
post #7 of 7

kool!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%