Cake W/marine Theme

Decorating By jss Updated 31 Oct 2005 , 9:58pm by MrsMissey

jss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jss Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 5:56pm
post #1 of 10

agreed to make a groom's cake for my nephew, nov 26th....he wants a cake with the marine emblem...what would you suggest as the best way to get this effect...appreciate your help

9 replies
gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 10

I would say a buttercream transfer (bct) is your best bet.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 10

How about an edible image of the USMC logo:
LL

jss Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 10

thanks for your replies...read fbct instructions...should be easy right...thinking need to try this out before nov 26...

as far as the edible transfer...where do i bring this...at a cake shop...bakery...so nice seeing a picture of the finished cake

would like to try both of these methods...have to make a cake for the rehearsal dinner also...

thanks

MrsMissey Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 10

You can take your image to various different places and they will print the image on a frosting sheet for you...although I do my own, I think Walmart does them, your local cake supply store, maybe even some bakeries. Guess you would have to call places in your area to find out who will print them for you.

jlvmorales Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlvmorales Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 8:52pm
post #6 of 10

I agree with Mrs. Missey...I would go for the edible image. It is sharp. Although there are a LOT of really nice bcts that look just as good. Depends on how much time you have too. Lisa icon_smile.gif

jss Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 9:19pm
post #7 of 10

ok...going to call to see who does the edible image in my area...it does look sharp...
must i ask for frosting paper...
once i have the sheet w/image...how soon after the cake is frosted, must i apply the image...immediately...
or must i let the icing dry... will the image stay put...or must i pipe an edge...

reason i ask, is that friday night i used rice paper...a first...traced baby looney toon character...trimmed the image...applied to cake, which hap been frosted for a couple of hours...the edges wanted to curl...any suggestions as to how to avoid this mistake...

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 9:27pm
post #8 of 10

you can also order them opff ebay. I did that for my dad's cake. (as a sidebar, would not recommend used on cream cheese frosting. it bled pretty bad.) Search for edible marine.

jss Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 9:49pm
post #9 of 10

learning all kinds of stuff on this board...very informative...thanks

MrsMissey Posted 31 Oct 2005 , 9:58pm
post #10 of 10

..yeah, you want to place the image on the cake before it has crusted over...if it has crusted, you can lightly spray the icing with a fine mist of water and then apply the image. This can be a little tricky because if it's to wet the colors will run!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%