We're Going To Disney World!!!

Lounge By JennT Updated 30 Oct 2005 , 4:42pm by leily

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 4:42am
post #1 of 17

Hey everyone!

We're leaving in the morning to go to Disney World for a week, then a wedding that DH is best man in near Miami next weekend. I'M SOOOOO EXCITED!!!! Our kids are 5, 3, & 1...I know Audrey, the 1 yr old, won't remember anything, and maybe even William, the 3 yr old, might not...but that just gives us reason to go back!!! hehehe icon_lol.gif

My MIL & FIL are going with us too, so 3 kids to 4 adults is a pretty good ratio - this way we won't get worn out so much having to take care of all the kids somewhere other than home...which is always easy 'cause it's home! lol Plus, MIL has an Expedition that they'll be driving that has DVD...so hopefully the boys will mostly ride with them on the way down.

We had considered doing Silver Springs on the way down there or Sea World while in Orlando, but the kids are so young and I think "The World" will be enough for them....and me!

I can't believe we're able to swing this, but we're staying at the Animal Kingdom Resort!!!! YYAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!! It's one of the "deluxe" resorts, so I can have a pack n play brought to the room for Audrey, ironing board & iron, fridge, the boys will have bunk beds....and there's a balcony that looks out onto the safari where all the animals are!!! We can wake up, look out the window & feel like we're in Africa!! Halloween night we're going to the Polynesian for the Luau, plus it's my MIL's bday...that's what she wanted. Character breakfast at Crystal Palace one morning, Extra Magic Hours in the park on Thursday night, Typhoon Lagoon (Just DH, Gpa, & boys) on Thursday, spa at the resort - getting a MASSAGE & FACIAL!!!! I am just beside myself!!! lol icon_surprised.gificon_biggrin.gif

I'm just feeling so blessed right now to get to do something like this with my family!! And I've only been once when I was 5, but don't really remember much. Haven't even left yet, but I'm already planning our next trip. Did you know that you can reserve a room as much as 2 yrs in advance & just make payments on it?? That's how we did it!! We'd just send in a payment every 2 months or so...and now our room is paid for before we even get there!! Plus we got the Magic Your Way plan (which means you can come and go from the park, but can only do one park per day) and the Dining Package - so we get a certain amount of meals per person that are included in our cost for the room. Now all we have to do is pick up the difference on the food & buy souveneirs!!!

Ok...I'll stop....just so excited & wanted to share!! We'll have our laptop with us so I'll try to check in with ya'll at least once or twice. And I'm going to try to take pictures of stuff I see that could inspire a cake! icon_wink.gif

Have a great weekend everyone!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Jennifer

Edited to add: I forgot to mention that on Friday MIL & FIL are coming back home and bringing the kids with them!!!! DH & I get 3 1/2 days ALONE while at the wedding in Miami!!! Two vacations in one!!! lol thumbs_up.gif

16 replies
kalikw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalikw Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 4:45am
post #2 of 17

Well have fun, sounds like it will be great week. We took our kids last summer and they had a blast, even my DH had to admit he had a good time (despite the humidity, we are from CA). Let us know what you did when you return.

cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 4:47am
post #3 of 17

I am way Jealous!!! Have a great trip and say hi to Mickey for us!!!

Sarah

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 4:47am
post #4 of 17

LUCKY YOU!!!!!! Wow didnt know you could do a payment plan lol hope you guys have a grea time ( im sure you will) tell us all about it when you get home.

Susan

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 4:53am
post #5 of 17

Oh, the fun you'll have and the memories you will make.......I grew up in Orlando but have been in Texas for about 27 years......about 5 years ago I was able to take my then 7 year old daughter.....she still talks about it!! I didn't know you could make reservations that far in advnace and pay on it in advance.......that's a good thing to know! Have loads of fun!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 5:23am
post #6 of 17

Wow, sounds like a really great trip! Have a wonderful time! Janice

meandmine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meandmine Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 5:47am
post #7 of 17

have fun and enjoy yourself take lot of pictures

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 7:21am
post #8 of 17

you know I took my daughter when she was 2 that was her second birthday present everyone told me that she was too young.....I dont think so she would always tell me disney stories, we had to take her back this summer...... lots of people think that these kinds of vacations are too expensive or out of reach but i think that its great.........you could always do it your way , or find a cheaper hotel nearby and prepare for your passes at the disney store and get one at a time they used to be good for a lifetime i think that is a addon now but so worth it...........Ive been 3 times in the past 5 years and am ready to go back again .......

Im so jealous.....by the way super soap weekend is at mgm the 12 th of nov.....theyll be hunks every where............who hoo...

sweettreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreasures Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 7:52am
post #9 of 17

Aw man, I want to go too. Take pics to share with us and have a GREAT time.

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 10:28am
post #10 of 17

Yippee for you!!! And 3 1/2 days with no kids, wow......a few weeks ago, DH & I had 1 hour without the kids, and I thought that was cool icon_smile.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 11:05am
post #11 of 17

I wanta be you!!! That sounds great! You'll have to tell us all about it.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 1:31pm
post #12 of 17

Have a fantastic vacation and enjoy every moment with your family!

ThePastryDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThePastryDiva Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 1:48pm
post #13 of 17

As much as you will enjoy your time in Orlando...the best part is your ..."SECOND HONEYMOON"...wink wink!

Enjoy!!!

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 2:00pm
post #14 of 17

ENJOY IT!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you.. I would love to take a trip like that.. As far as the 3yr. old is concerned.. I think he will remember as long as you take alot of pictures and keep showing him. My 3yr. remembers Sea World and he was 2 when we took him.. He remembers he doesn't like Shamu because he got him all wet and the water was cold! LOL Have fun and have a safe ride out !!!!

golfgma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgma Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 2:01pm
post #15 of 17

that is great!! I had thought the same thing, about them not remembering and my grandaughter who is 3 years LOVED it. She still talks about it! They DO remember!

Have a GREAT time!

s_raines Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
s_raines Posted 29 Oct 2005 , 2:11pm
post #16 of 17

I WANNA GO!!!!! Have fun and take lots of pictures!!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 30 Oct 2005 , 4:42pm
post #17 of 17

I am so happy for you!

I have been twice, first time I was 14. Had a blast, we stayed at the resort with different caribean "buildings" I forget which resort that was. The second time my parents took me and a friend for my 18th birthday. It was great! We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge.

The plan you are going with on the dining is a GREAT deal. A lot of people don't know about it and we used it both times. I know you already left but I hope you have a great time!

Can't wait to hear all about it.

Leily

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%