How to make your own Christmas tree cookie centerpiece.
In this cookie decorating tutorial I show you how to make a gingerbread Christmas tree decoration / centerpiece, you can pull off your cookies from the tree whenever you feel hungry!
The main things you will need to make this are of course, biscuits / cookies and royal icing! You can find the full list below, along with a gingerbread recipe that I used to make the cookies for this tutorial. You can also find more of my Christmas cake and cookie tutorial in the Christmas playlist here - www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAs9a_RIYksesgiozzzFdwCqhpim7NHE6
Gingerbread man recipe -
500g / 3.5 cups of plain (all-purpose) flour
1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
3 tsp ground ginger
150g / 12 tbsp butter
250g / 1.5 cup soft light brown sugar
1-2 large egg
6 tbsp golden syrup
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon.
- Add the butter and blend until the mix looks like breadcrumbs.
- beat the egg and golden syrup together before adding to the rest of the mix.
- knead briefly until smooth, wrap in clingfim and leave to chill in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- cut out desired shapes and leave in the oven for 8-12 mins.
- move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Products and tools used in this video -
Polystyrene cone - tinyurl.com/j6h2h9v
4" Polystyrene cake dummy - tinyurl.com/j3l85ev
8" Cake drum - tinyurl.com/h7lsrt4
Cake pop stick - tinyurl.com/ocbqthz
Star cutter - tinyurl.com/qcrbwtx
Tear drop cutter - tinyurl.com/z8gubwz
circle cutters - tinyurl.com/na87y4c
Royal icing - tinyurl.com/oj9tb6n
Sugarflair color peppermint - tinyurl.com/zk3jjac
Piping nozzle number 2 - tinyurl.com/o2fcmbb
Fondant / roll out icing - tinyurl.com/q3az7mb