Unlock the mystery of the Rubik's cube, at least in cake. Watch step-by-step how easy this cake is to create.
Ingredients and Materials:
• Vanilla cake batter colored in 6 different batches (red, yellow, orange, blue, green, white)
• Fondant (red, yellow, orange, blue, green, white)
• Small rectangle 12 cavity pan (rectangles are 3"x 1")
1. Prepare and colour vanilla cake batter. Fill cavities 3/4 full, and press batter into the cavities to ensure that no bubbles will be in the cake.
2. Bake at 350F for 25-35 minutes, or until the centre cavities are completely baked through. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Repeat until all batter has been baked.
3. Once cakes are cooled, trim the excess cake off to shape a rectangle. You will need 9 rectangles to complete one cube.
4. Using black buttercream, attach the 9 rectangles together to form a cube- three rows of three rectangles.
5. Cover cube entirely in black buttercream.
6. Roll each colour of fondant out thinly, and cut out squares using a square cutter (1"x1") or using a fondant roller/knife etc.
7. Add 9 squares to each side of the cube, and you will need 45 in total per cube.
8. Repeat until all of your cake batter and rectangles have been assembled to form cubes.
9. The cakes can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.