Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating Business › Help with a name?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help with a name?

post #1 of 31
Thread Starter 

Hello everyone!

 

I'm just about to start my own business based from home. I intend to sell cookies, sugar cookies, pound cakes, cupcakes, cake pops, tarts, sweet breads, regular cakes (Cake decorating is not on the list, yet, I plan to offer it hopefully in a future, since I need more experience).

 

 

The problem: Whenever I come up with a name idea, it turns out that this name is already taken.

What do you think? I don't want to use my name. I just don't. 

 

I was considering: Candyrella, or Hope Desserts. It is so difficult to come up with a name.

 

What can I tell you about me?

 

I'm a cat person.

Love reading, nature, art, peace...

Love photography.

Very curious person.

I love Christmas.

I love baking and creating...

 

What do you think?

post #2 of 31

"Homestead Bakes" or the name of your street then the word 'bakes'

one baker's 'never ever do' is the next baker's 'i swear by this'
Reply
one baker's 'never ever do' is the next baker's 'i swear by this'
Reply
post #3 of 31

Picture Perfect Sweets

Sweet Peace Confections (there is a Sweet Peace cake place in OH, but being in FL,  I don't think you'd clash!)

 

??  I'd stay away from the fact that you are a cat person.  I would be terribly turned off if I knew that I was getting a cake from someone with cats in their house.  Don't get me wrong...I love cats.  But I know what they do....get on your counters whether you want them to or not after walking in their litter, etc....IMHO.

 

Hope that helps!  Good luck!

Aah, cake. . .the 5th food group!!
Reply
Aah, cake. . .the 5th food group!!
Reply
post #4 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeesKnees578 View Post
 

Picture Perfect Sweets

Sweet Peace Confections (there is a Sweet Peace cake place in OH, but being in FL,  I don't think you'd clash!)

 

Quote:
??  I'd stay away from the fact that you are a cat person.  I would be terribly turned off if I knew that I was getting a cake from someone with cats in their house.  Don't get me wrong...I love cats.  But I know what they do....get on your counters whether you want them to or not after walking in their litter, etc....IMHO

.

 

Hope that helps!  Good luck!

Thanks for the great names!! I loved Sweet Peace! 

 

Well, I understand the cat thing, however, although it might sound hard to believe, my two cats are always off the kitchen counter. They usually get on the couch, bed. If any of them try to get on the counters, we scream their names and they will stop immediately. I always clean my counters, the kitchen floor, and the dining table before baking/ cooking, assembling. 

post #5 of 31
Thread Starter 

Great! Thank you! The street where I live doesn't have a name, it has a number. 4th St. :-)

post #6 of 31
Thread Starter 

Anyone else?

post #7 of 31

Hope and Sugar

 

4th Street Treats

elsewhere.
Reply
elsewhere.
Reply
post #8 of 31
I think I'm still stuck on Sugar Crush.
Plank.
Reply
Plank.
Reply
post #9 of 31
Sugar Crush is a really awesome name, wish I had of thought of that!!
post #10 of 31
Thread Starter 
Thank you so much. Sugar Crush sounds fun. Now, I need to make sure is not already taken.
post #11 of 31
Thread Starter 
Sugar Rush is already taken. What about Peace N' Love Desserts/ Confections/ treats
post #12 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennG25 View Post

Sugar Rush is already taken. What about Peace N' Love Desserts/ Confections/ treats


Sounds like a place for old hippies to hang out. Just sayin'!

post #13 of 31
Hookah and cupcakes.
Plank.
Reply
Plank.
Reply
post #14 of 31

When you say taken you mean the domain name -right? You could use variants on sugar crush such as sweet sugar crush? Domain names are hard to get as squatters sit on all the good names. But I would go to godaddy.com and on their home page you can type in names and variants to see if their available.

 

Good luck with the search...

post #15 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnybird View Post
 


Sounds like a place for old hippies to hang out. Just sayin'!

LOLOLOLOLOL  right.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating Business
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating Business › Help with a name?