My original mold disappeared for a while, could not find it anywhere. A few days ago, I was cleaning out the basement frig, and there it was, in a container, just sitting on top of some buttercream. Then I remembered taking it to my last Wilton class to show to the girls there. We were in a hurry to clean up, so I just dropped it in a container & popped on the lid, knowing I could clean it off as soon as I got home... never happened! That was the night before Halloween.
Back to more pertinent info: The mold washed off easily. I rinsed it off quickly with cold water, then dried it. The texture, and flexibility, did not seem to have been affected. Perhaps the frig is the best way to store these after all, in an airtight container (& SITTING ON BUTTERCREAM-lol).
ON THE OTHER HAND, one of the other molds that I made came into contact with water for a while, and did begin to soften, so I cut it up, put it in my extras container, to melt & reuse next time I want to do a mold.
The others all seem to be holding up pretty well also, so far. When I compared textures, I think I like the first one best, the one I did with the syrup included in the recipe. The color is a hair lighter also. I have not kept any of them in the frig, so maybe that also is affecting the way they feel, just not quite as soft & smooth, as the first one. But remember, that one spent about a month in the frig!
All in all, a positive report for now. Will keep you posted if any soften, become moldy, or deteriorate in any way. They are all being stored at room temp still, at least for now, for test purposes-haha. Not bad for a temporary mold.