Hey There Bakers!
I was wondering if any of you had found a good recipe for a gluten-free cut-out sugar cookie.
The recipes on this site are good.
Hope this helps.
A Variation on NFSC
16 oz butter 500g
16 oz sugar 500g
3 ts pure vanilla extract
26 oz flour 750g *
2 ts baking powder [GF]
1/2 - 1 ts salt
Creaming method for cookies. Pat into disc. Cover with plastic and chill 30-60 mins. Roll on lightly dusted [GF] surface. Roll 1/4-3/8-inch [6-10mm] to cut.
* if not using GF flour blend with gums, then add 3 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum to flour mix.
1. amounts can be halved
2. metric and imperial are not interchangeable
3. weigh rather than use cups: GF flours/starches weigh either more/less than wheat flour, so cup amounts won't match
Notes on cross-contamination:
- Don't use a wooden rolling pin that you have used for wheat flour cookies.
- Clean the cutters exceptionally well especially around the seam in metal cutters. Anything with seams, rivets, or crevices, may accumulate gluten particles.
- Don’t use the same flour-sifter for gluten-free and regular flours.