A customer sent me a photo of this cake she wants. I have a few questions if anyone can help me...
1. Are those the edible pearls you buy in a bottle? Or did that person make them out of fondant herself?
2. How do I "glue" the pearls onto the cake like this? Do I use piping gel? I'm especially worried about doing the middle tier, with the band of pearls in the middle like that.
3. If I use piping gel, won't the gel eventually slide down because of gravity? Considering the gel never dries. I did a fondant waterfall cake a while back & I used piping gel for the waterfall... well the gel kept sliding down the cake. I had to keep re applying & smoothing it out until they picked it up. I don't want to go through this again, especially with a wedding cake.
4. How do you make those large roses? The only roses I've made are much smaller than that & I used the Wilton cutter set/instructions.
5. How do you attach the gum paste roses to the cake sides like that? Without them falling off or sagging? The roses I've made were pretty heavy & they weren't that big. I'm worried that top one won't hold up.
Thanks in advance!!
Here's a link to the cake photo...
Edited by Britterfly - 9/5/13 at 6:52am