- 2 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Chicago
- Select All Posts By This User
Craft show newbie
Cake Central Top Picks
There are some other threads under Vendor Fairs you might want to search. I'd focus on flavor and maybe some simple decorations with BC. Take business cards.
I've done a Bridal Show & Vendor Fairs, nothing outside thankfully. It's hard to gauge how much food to bring & I always overdue it! I always have a little box that I use for drawings, just something small like a few $5 off gc that I'll mail out a different day-an incentive to get new customers. Mostly I made simple cupcakes, some with fondant or chocolate decorations just to show off (obviously the Bridal Show was much different) the others were cash n carry type events. Good luck!
I did my first festival earlier this year. I dont know where you live but if it's hot I would recommend not using a meringue or homemade marshmellow frosting mine started to separate (i live in FL). Here are the flavors I used.
1. Classic Vanilla with Vanilla buttercream ( I had a decorating station set up so kids could top their own cupcakes this was a huge success with the little ones & teens even got in the on the fun of it.)
2. Classic Chocolate with Chocolate buttercream
3. Mocha Latte
4. Caramel Apple with cream cheese frosting
5. Banana split with marshmellow frosting
6. PBnJ with PB buttercream
7. Peanutbutter Cup
9. Cookies n cream
10. Maple Bacon