Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › Wilton Decorator Icing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wilton Decorator Icing

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

Has anyone tried Wilton's decorator icing?  If so, what are your opinions on the product all the way around?

 

-Taste

-Consistency

-Ease of Use (does it spread nicely)

 

Thanks!

      "All you need is love {and cupcakes}"     

Reply

      "All you need is love {and cupcakes}"     

Reply
post #2 of 11

I tried it once just to see what it was about. I teach wilton and i do ask the students to make their own. (so much better in all ways. I tried it so i could answer any questions the students ask me. But i know they are busy with job, children,etc. so i just let it go. They do the best they can with it. I hope when they finish classes , they will make their own. hth

post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 

I have been trying to find an icing recipe that I like, especially a buttercream one.  I havent gotten the taste or consistency yet right, my cakes are homemade, just not the icing, yet.  I do make an excellent fondant tho!  

      "All you need is love {and cupcakes}"     

Reply

      "All you need is love {and cupcakes}"     

Reply
post #4 of 11

I really don't like American buttercream (except for a peanut butter one that I made once).  I really like is the Italian or Swiss Meringue buttercreams.  It is not as sweet.  

post #5 of 11

Please try this recipe. She is a member here. Do exactly as she says. I  use the whipping cream when i make this one or any american b/c. Everyone doesn,t like smbc or imbc(especially children.) I make smbc and imbc ,etc. also. but i use american for the clients that solely request it. I also add melted white chocolate(best brand) to this. DELICIOUS!!!! hth also many decorators on here uses indydebi's b/c recipe from this site and also sharon zambito b/c recipe. google it if you cannot find it. I learned how to make it all so i could please everyone with their taste buds. lol!!

 

 

 

http://cupadeecakes.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-do-i-get-my-cakes-smooth.html

post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101 View Post

Please try this recipe. She is a member here. Do exactly as she says. I  use the whipping cream when i make this one or any american b/c. Everyone doesn,t like smbc or imbc(especially children.) I make smbc and imbc ,etc. also. but i use american for the clients that solely request it. I also add melted white chocolate(best brand) to this. DELICIOUS!!!! hth also many decorators on here uses indydebi's b/c recipe from this site and also sharon zambito b/c recipe. google it if you cannot find it. I learned how to make it all so i could please everyone with their taste buds. lol!!

 

 

 

http://cupadeecakes.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-do-i-get-my-cakes-smooth.html

how long does this recipe last?

      "All you need is love {and cupcakes}"     

Reply

      "All you need is love {and cupcakes}"     

Reply
post #7 of 11

If you are asking, can you freeze it. I freeze it all the time. I make it up ahead of time, then freeze. If i don,t make it up ahead of time, and have left over icing. then i freeze that. hth

post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Definitely helps! Thanks a bunch! Can't wait to get a mixer with a paddle and try the recipe out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101 View Post

If you are asking, can you freeze it. I freeze it all the time. I make it up ahead of time, then freeze. If i don,t make it up ahead of time, and have left over icing. then i freeze that. hth

      "All you need is love {and cupcakes}"     

Reply

      "All you need is love {and cupcakes}"     

Reply
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101 View Post

Please try this recipe. She is a member here. Do exactly as she says. I  use the whipping cream when i make this one or any american b/c. Everyone doesn,t like smbc or imbc(especially children.) I make smbc and imbc ,etc. also. but i use american for the clients that solely request it. I also add melted white chocolate(best brand) to this. DELICIOUS!!!! hth also many decorators on here uses indydebi's b/c recipe from this site and also sharon zambito b/c recipe. google it if you cannot find it. I learned how to make it all so i could please everyone with their taste buds. lol!!

 

 

 

http://cupadeecakes.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-do-i-get-my-cakes-smooth.html

 

Hey! Thanks for the referral!  This is still my customers' favorite icing and I really enjoy working with it.  It can be left out for a while, but it can be refrigerated or frozen.  Just re-whip and it should be good to go!

post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupadeecakes View Post

 

Hey! Thanks for the referral!  This is still my customers' favorite icing and I really enjoy working with it.  It can be left out for a while, but it can be refrigerated or frozen.  Just re-whip and it should be good to go!

Is there a way to make this with out a paddle attachment?  I only have a handheld mixer, and I really want to try this recipe.

      "All you need is love {and cupcakes}"     

Reply

      "All you need is love {and cupcakes}"     

Reply
post #11 of 11

I have never made it with a handheld mixer so I couldn't say for sure if the recipe would turn out right or not.
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › Wilton Decorator Icing