What's wrong with telling her the truth? They're poisonous and not safe for food!
If I didn't know better and someone told me they would wilt quickly I'd probably say, "that's ok; we'll cut the cake quickly," but if someone told me that they're poisonous, I'd say, "Oh! I don't want poison on my food! Let's use something else." Then I would Thank them for letting me know something so vitally important!
I'm not trying to be rude(and I apologize if I'm coming across that way) I'm just having a hard time wrapping my brain around trying to find a "safe" way to put poison on food.
Edited by manddi - 5/19/13 at 6:44am