Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating Business › Call to get deposit or wait?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Call to get deposit or wait?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

I have a couple of wedding cakes coming up. I have done the consults and all that, all details are arranged. Should I call to get deposit, or wait for them to contact me? Help-I don't want to be pushy, but......

post #2 of 8

Was the deposit discussed at the consult?  How far away are the wedding dates?  I always tell customers at the consult, I need a deposit to put the event on my calendar.  With the exception of the recent flowers that weren't picked up, I always have half down before it goes on my schedule.  Then my calendar isn't full of maybes.  When I look at it I know what I have, period.  Rarely I will put someone on because they are so close to me....guess what?  The last two I did that way fell through, because they have no money invested it isn't important to them.  

post #3 of 8

I would contact them.... Wedding planning can be very hectic, it's so easy for the client to "forget" that they haven't made a deposit yet. Just call as a friendly reminder, if they have already agreed to book the cake with you...They may just be waiting on you! 

 

 

Creating Master Piece's One Treat At A Time

"Treat Yourself You Deserve It"

Masterpiecetreats@gmail.com

Reply
 

 

Creating Master Piece's One Treat At A Time

"Treat Yourself You Deserve It"

Masterpiecetreats@gmail.com

Reply
post #4 of 8
There's nothing pushy about a gentle reminder.

"Dear x, just wanted to remind you that I have not yet received your deposit ($z) to reserve your date. Please remember that your order is not confirmed unless and until the deposit is made. Until that time, your date is available to other clients.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in your decision making process. If you have chosen another bakery, please accept our best wishes."

www.VeryDeliciousDesserts.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Delicious-Desserts/207874222593145

 

It's never "just cake!"

 

You may get a cake for $way to little but you won't get this cake!

Animal
(4 photos)
 
Reply

www.VeryDeliciousDesserts.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Delicious-Desserts/207874222593145

 

It's never "just cake!"

 

You may get a cake for $way to little but you won't get this cake!

Animal
(4 photos)
 
Reply
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericapraga View Post

I have a couple of wedding cakes coming up. I have done the consults and all that, all details are arranged. Should I call to get deposit, or wait for them to contact me? Help-I don't want to be pushy, but......


The professional and gracious reminder from Delicious Desserts above is perfection.

 

If I were selling wedding cakes, I would consider the deposit to be Priority #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, then  "the consults and all that, all details are arranged."  If there is no deposit to reserve the date, then all the other details are irrelevant.

post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 

Okay, thanks guys!  I will give them a call this weekend and get paid!!!!
 

post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousDesserts View Post

There's nothing pushy about a gentle reminder.

"Dear x, just wanted to remind you that I have not yet received your deposit ($z) to reserve your date. Please remember that your order is not confirmed unless and until the deposit is made. Until that time, your date is available to other clients.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in your decision making process. If you have chosen another bakery, please accept our best wishes."
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMona View Post

Was the deposit discussed at the consult?  How far away are the wedding dates?  I always tell customers at the consult, I need a deposit to put the event on my calendar.  With the exception of the recent flowers that weren't picked up, I always have half down before it goes on my schedule.  Then my calendar isn't full of maybes.  When I look at it I know what I have, period.  Rarely I will put someone on because they are so close to me....guess what?  The last two I did that way fell through, because they have no money invested it isn't important to them.  


Think I love this two comments, perfect
post #8 of 8
I also usually add that the baking schedule is filling up quickly, so we may not be able to fill their order if the deposit is not sent by X date.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating Business
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating Business › Call to get deposit or wait?