Hi, I completely new and completely lost. I have an order for next saturday and will be away from next monday-thursday. Therefore must set everything for when I come back.
The client wants a 12"x18"x3" west indian fruit cake (black cake) covered in marzipan and fondant (I'm guessing I would need 7-8 lbs ea). It will be decorating it in flowers made of fondant (below) in one corner and a written message in the center. Then light fruit cake, cake pop individually wrapped.
I'll be baking the cakes in a few hours and wondering:
- Would I fill this cake or just fill my pan which happens to be 12"x18"x3" to the top? If I fill it what kind of filling would I use?
- Should I bake it low and slow or at the normal 350 until its done?
- How much should I charge for the black cake?
- What kind of icing would I mix a light fruit cake with for cake pops?
- How much should I charge a pop.