Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating Business › Opinions on my name for my new business Help please :)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Opinions on my name for my new business Help please :) - Page 3

post #31 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft View Post

If you want an example of yuck no, click below (warning, graphic):
http://www.zombiebakeshop.com/home.html

 

 

thank you for the heads up--i did not click

 

i had already freaked myself out looking for the opposite of the cute skeleton gingerbread men

 

i found this horrible skeleton thing--aghhh!!

 

but so there are two very different sides of this thing huh icon_biggrin.gif

bad artists copy, good artists steal
pablo picasso

 

Reply
bad artists copy, good artists steal
pablo picasso

 

Reply
post #32 of 53

this is cute-ish https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxqLPAA50Ui4rxurSWSlynsfvzoAKn0b4vRchrdrjPZ4iYGBu3-g

Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
post #33 of 53
Thread Starter 
Lso i must mention there is a huge zombie following in my area. A few zombie walks every year. Keep in mind the cupcake will be a cute cartoony zombie cupcake. I think if i ever did own a storefront i would defiantly tweak the logo a bit. And i also recently did a zombie hello kitty cake for. Birthday and it was a huge hit. But i do a little of everything from birthdays to weddings and handlers. Killer sweets i think is very versatile.
post #34 of 53

There is a very good bakery in my area called Evil Treats, and they have successfully cornered the market on all things creepy. Their stuff is amazing and very different - like bloody eye cupcakes, dirt, worms, etc. it's a very specific niche but they do it to perfection. 

post #35 of 53
Thread Starter 


This is what i had in mind
post #36 of 53

OK, I totally LOVE LOVE LOVE the name and logo! I think it's right on trend and you can always re-brand in a few years; people do it all the time. DO IT, USE IT!

post #37 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessilachelle View Post



This is what i had in mind

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten_britches View Post

OK, I totally LOVE LOVE LOVE the name and logo! I think it's right on trend and you can always re-brand in a few years; people do it all the time. DO IT, USE IT!

 

 

 

 

 YES!

 

it's not off putting in the least it's adorable

 

in fact while it gathers the kid/mom market it's a distance from wedding cake seekers

 

but wedding cake seekers will be drawn by your actions more than your exact logo anyhow

 

i like it--it's bright and brilliant--unique and clever imo

 

icon_biggrin.gif

bad artists copy, good artists steal
pablo picasso

 

Reply
bad artists copy, good artists steal
pablo picasso

 

Reply
post #38 of 53
Thread Starter 
That's what i wanted something bright and inviting but different than the main stream. Figured posting a picture of what i had in mind for a zombie cupcake. Not as grotesque as everyone was picturing haha
post #39 of 53

to be perfectly honest

 

i am not a zombie expert/lover not even a little

 

this logo would not evoke any kind of zombie-esque thought in my brain

 

<vwooopff>

 

that's the logo going right over my head ;) in a good way--

bad artists copy, good artists steal
pablo picasso

 

Reply
bad artists copy, good artists steal
pablo picasso

 

Reply
post #40 of 53

Sorry, maybe I'm the only one, but I'd never go there just because of that logo.  It's not cute, it IS zombie-esque, and you are limiting your clientelle.  If there is a large "zombie-following" in your area (wow), then it might work for you.  I guess everyone fills a niche.  I just don't think there's a cute way to do zombie cupcakes (why are ZOMBIE and CUTE even in the same sentence???), but that's just my opinion - it may work for you in your town. 

I homeschool because I've seen the village and I don't want it raising my children.

 

http://whynotethiopia2.blogspot.com/

 

 

Reply

I homeschool because I've seen the village and I don't want it raising my children.

 

http://whynotethiopia2.blogspot.com/

 

 

Reply
post #41 of 53

so what is up with all the Zombie loving stuff? Is it stemming from people being fans of that tv show that's on? Or is this just having the  mentality/ maturity level of a 13 year old boy?

 

I did do a cake class last fall and a girl who was next to me said something like she loved to make zombie-esqe things and how she wished zombies were real and everywhere in life.  my first thought was how incredibly immature she was and didn't think or process thoughts before she spoke. By the way, she was about 20.

 

Again, pairing evil, death and human eating zombies with cupcakes and such- it sort of makes me laugh because it's just ridiculous to me. Sorry I just do not understand the appeal at all. It's not appetizing to me either. JMO!

post #42 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess155 View Post

Sorry, maybe I'm the only one, but I'd never go there just because of that logo.  It's not cute, it IS zombie-esque, and you are limiting your clientelle.  If there is a large "zombie-following" in your area (wow), then it might work for you.  I guess everyone fills a niche.  I just don't think there's a cute way to do zombie cupcakes (why are ZOMBIE and CUTE even in the same sentence???), but that's just my opinion - it may work for you in your town. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefat View Post

so what is up with all the Zombie loving stuff? Is it stemming from people being fans of that tv show that's on? Or is this just having the  mentality/ maturity level of a 13 year old boy?

 

I did do a cake class last fall and a girl who was next to me said something like she loved to make zombie-esqe things and how she wished zombies were real and everywhere in life.  my first thought was how incredibly immature she was and didn't think or process thoughts before she spoke. By the way, she was about 20.

 

Again, pairing evil, death and human eating zombies with cupcakes and such- it sort of makes me laugh because it's just ridiculous to me. Sorry I just do not understand the appeal at all. It's not appetizing to me either. JMO!

The way I see it, is many, many, many of the people who "like" zombies (not all, no offense) are hipsters in chartreuse skinny jeans, with their underwear hanging out, crotch of the pants at mid-thigh, a white stained V-neck undershirt, with an ugly sweater, scraggly pubic-esque hair growing from their chins, zits, dirty hair, and a horrible filthy beanie hanging off their heads. And they are just too cool for words...with their murses (man-purse). Bleack! I wouldn't go in there because I don't want to rub elbows with them...

Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
post #43 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes View Post

 

The way I see it, is many, many, many of the people who "like" zombies (not all, no offense) are hipsters in chartreuse skinny jeans, with their underwear hanging out, crotch of the pants at mid-thigh, a white stained V-neck undershirt, with an ugly sweater, scraggly pubic-esque hair growing from their chins, zits, dirty hair, and a horrible filthy beanie hanging off their heads. And they are just too cool for words...with their murses (man-purse). Bleack! I wouldn't go in there because I don't want to rub elbows with them...

 

ah youth!  It's really wasted on the young!

post #44 of 53
Interesting treatise on zombie culture and its popularity:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/feb/11/americans-love-zombies-culture
post #45 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefat View Post

 

ah youth!  It's really wasted on the young!

Isn't that the truth?

Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating Business
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating Business › Opinions on my name for my new business Help please :)