My wife starting making cakes roughly 6-8 months ago. She has no formal training however from her first cake to her most recent, she's getting pretty good! So, I would like to buy her some good tools to help her out. She makes her own fondant now and does a lot of detailing, including using a regular knife to cut out elaborate designs such as people and characters. While it looks great, with perhaps a 'fondant' knife or whatever the best tool is, her designs would be that much better. So, hopefully the experts on this forum can help me in my Christmas gift buying endeavor, i would really appreciate it. So, here's what I think she needs ...
- Some sort of special knife for carving these elaborate items on fondant.
- Some additional bakeware, including specialized pans and such.
- rolling bin (I can figure this one out) =)
- Cooling Rack (found a 3 layer @ Michaels)
- Tips and reusable bags (not sure what they're called for frosting
- And anything else you can think of! She does a lot in the way of cakes, cupcakes, and cookies.
Suggestions as to brands or just specific items would be great! Also, I know Michaels and Joann Fabrics are great places for these sorts of things. But any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Desparate Husband