Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › things NOT to ask/say to a baker!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things NOT to ask/say to a baker! - Page 96

post #1426 of 2992

Bahahahaha!!!! I would totally do this! ^^^^^^

For we are God's MASTERPIECE! He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10
Reply
For we are God's MASTERPIECE! He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10
Reply
post #1427 of 2992

I made a batch of icing once at my moms and the butter had gone rancid in the freezer.  It made for great practice icing since it tasted bad.  I could practice, scrape it off the bottom of the pan and re-use it over and over and over with absolutely no temptation to snack on any.

post #1428 of 2992

First of all <3 this thread!

 

It's been really helpful on how to handle and see how others handle complicated situations. 

post #1429 of 2992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyssling View Post

First of all <3 this thread!


It's been really helpful on how to handle and see how others handle complicated situations. 
And your second point is... What?
post #1430 of 2992
Quote:
Originally Posted by manddi View Post

And your second point is... What?

That it was helpful? That's how I read it.
post #1431 of 2992
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar View Post

That it was helpful? That's how I read it.
Ooh
Gotcha
post #1432 of 2992
Last Holloween I received an email from an acquaintance she wanted to know if I would like to "provide"
several Halloween cakes for her family gathering.

I wrote back asking if she meant "donate" and she said yes. Her feeling was that it would be great advertising
as she would give out my business cards to her family.

This lady had never even ordered from me! And wanted me to give her free cake! Um No!
post #1433 of 2992

Some people have a lot of nerve!!

post #1434 of 2992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacilynn88 View Post

Last Holloween I received an email from an acquaintance she wanted to know if I would like to "provide"
several Halloween cakes for her family gathering.

I wrote back asking if she meant "donate" and she said yes. Her feeling was that it would be great advertising
as she would give out my business cards to her family.

This lady had never even ordered from me! And wanted me to give her free cake! Um No

I will never understand what goes through people's heads.

post #1435 of 2992

I had a client contact me yesterday and ask for a cake to serve, in a half and half! Um, I don't make batter for 6, my measuring spoons aren't that small.

 

And yes, I could've done it if I had an order for chocolate, and one for white, but I don't. Oddly enough, I am only baking white cakes this week.

Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
post #1436 of 2992
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar View Post


This might be too mean to do to your mother, but I once made up a bunch of icing for a decorating class that had about half a container of salt in it. The kids in the class had been sucking icing out of the bags and saying that they "couldn't resist," so the salt icing taught them real quick that yes, they could resist.

I bet a cake iced with salty icing would make the complainers shut up real fast if they got to switch back to normal icing.


Hahah! This reminded me of my grandma! My grandpa always used to salt his food before tasting and it would tick her off to no end. One night, she waaaaay over salted his food before dinner -- he salted as usual and took a huge bite -- I can still remember the look on his face! My grandma sat in her chair all proper and calm and just watched him choke down the rest of his meal -- he never used salt again!! icon_lol.gif Sorry if this was a little off topic, but it brought back good memories!

Let's eat grandma. Let's eat, grandma. Punctuation saves lives.
Reply
Let's eat grandma. Let's eat, grandma. Punctuation saves lives.
Reply
post #1437 of 2992
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixinarow View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar View Post


This might be too mean to do to your mother, but I once made up a bunch of icing for a decorating class that had about half a container of salt in it. The kids in the class had been sucking icing out of the bags and saying that they "couldn't resist," so the salt icing taught them real quick that yes, they could resist.

I bet a cake iced with salty icing would make the complainers shut up real fast if they got to switch back to normal icing.


Hahah! This reminded me of my grandma! My grandpa always used to salt his food before tasting and it would tick her off to no end. One night, she waaaaay over salted his food before dinner -- he salted as usual and took a huge bite -- I can still remember the look on his face! My grandma sat in her chair all proper and calm and just watched him choke down the rest of his meal -- he never used salt again!! icon_lol.gif Sorry if this was a little off topic, but it brought back good memories!

I will be a wonderful grandma, I suppose. My husband would always slather his steak in A-1 before tasting it and it ticked me off to end. I finally just asked him to taste the freaking meat first, and he did, and loved it. Now he will just go on and on how his steak is so wonderful, and flavorful and juicy that it doesn't need A-1 because it would just cover up the delicious flavor of the meat, and so on and on and on... last month, I made steak and he started in, and I finally rolled my eyes and told him to give it a rest. Have A-1 or don't, I don't care anymore, I just want some peace and quiet! (I had been up for 64 hours with just a small 3 hour nap in between)

Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.
Reply
post #1438 of 2992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes View Post

I will be a wonderful grandma, I suppose. My husband would always slather his steak in A-1 before tasting it and it ticked me off to end. I finally just asked him to taste the freaking meat first, and he did, and loved it. Now he will just go on and on how his steak is so wonderful, and flavorful and juicy that it doesn't need A-1 because it would just cover up the delicious flavor of the meat, and so on and on and on... last month, I made steak and he started in, and I finally rolled my eyes and told him to give it a rest. Have A-1 or don't, I don't care anymore, I just want some peace and quiet! (I had been up for 64 hours with just a small 3 hour nap in between)

Oh Anna...to be a fly on the wall in your home. There are some people that just have the gift of having a family life that makes me smile!

For we are God's MASTERPIECE! He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10
Reply
For we are God's MASTERPIECE! He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10
Reply
post #1439 of 2992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacilynn88 View Post

Last Holloween I received an email from an acquaintance she wanted to know if I would like to "provide"
several Halloween cakes for her family gathering.

I wrote back asking if she meant "donate" and she said yes. Her feeling was that it would be great advertising
as she would give out my business cards to her family.

This lady had never even ordered from me! And wanted me to give her free cake! Um No!

hahaha..I would have to laugh straight out at that lady..what a crazy thing to ask of you.  Sometimes I can't tell if people have incredible chutzpah or if they're just incredibly clueless.

post #1440 of 2992

Just got a phone call from someone who wanted to know if I could do a birthday cake for her daughter for tomorrow. Said that it could be something simple, two tiers with a chevron pattern and monogram, and maybe a standing monogram on the top of the cake. And she could come by at 1pm today to get it if that would work.(I think she called about 9:30.) People really have no idea.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › things NOT to ask/say to a baker!