Very sticky soft fondant Can I add tylose powder to fondant to cover a cake. Do not want to make more fondant and already added more powder sugar nothing is working. What will happen if I add tylose powder to it? will it change flavor?What? Help
- topicFondattagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- How to cover modeling chocolate with fondant Last post on 10/31/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
- How to get a paliable marshmallow fondant? Last post on 11/1/12 at 10:44am in Recipes
- Ice Chest Grooms Cake Last post on 10/30/12 at 8:32am in Cake Decorating
- Sweating Fondant Last post on 10/26/12 at 9:41pm in Cake Decorating
- Fondant Help!! Last post on 10/26/12 at 2:26pm in Cake Decorating
i love stenciling, it adds a beautiful elegant touch to the cake. but it can be a disaster if you don't know how to do it properly.
The silpats in various sizes make my baking and decorating much simpler. Don't know what I would do without one. Love the small ones to bake on, no need for parchment paper. And the big one...
I have to use a lot of it to turn my buttercream white (I use only butter, no crisco). It makes the icing almost curdly and almost impossible to smooth nicely. There is always a huge clump in the...
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
Cake Central Top Picks
It's pretty much impossible to determine the problem without knowing what your recipe was and how you made the fondant. Normally the answer to sticky fondant is more powdered sugar. I would suggest that - sometimes it just takes more due to the humidity, faulty recipe, etc. I don't think tylose is going to do anything to help the stickiness of your fondant.
- Sticky fondant
Cake Central Top Picks
- › standing football cake holder 2 minutes ago
- › Securing toppers in advance 2 minutes ago
- › Another Anti-Spam suggestion 28 minutes ago
- › Help! What do I say?!? 29 minutes ago
- › Dawn's sugarveil recipe 34 minutes ago
- › SMBC? What is the difference? 36 minutes ago
- › Packaging for mini cupcakes 40 minutes ago
- › Avantco MX10 Mixer Question 45 minutes ago
- › Shoes cutter 51 minutes ago
- › Do you use Cake Mix or make cakes from Scratch? 59 minutes ago
- › Rose Cake Tier #2 Stencil by Designer Stencils by LizKatherine
- › Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Commercial Size Baking Mat by TrudyF
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones