is it possible to attach fondant to the side of a cake iced in buttercream?
Related Forum Threads
- How much fondant do I need for a 2 tier cake (8" and 4") ? Last post on 4/9/13 at 4:04am in Cake Decorating
- How do I achieve this effect? Last post on 12/19/12 at 1:14pm in Cake Decorating
- spots in fondant??? Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:42pm in Cake Decorating
- Please Help! My red fondant turned orange overnight! Last post on 12/20/12 at 1:34pm in Cake Decorating
- Covering this cake with fondant? Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:41pm in Cake Decorating
Delectable Butter Cream Icing
Last edited: 6/7/11
- Best Butter Cream Ever!Last edited: 2/16/11
- Italian Butter Cream!!!!! Try it you'll never go back to basic...Last edited: 6/3/10
i love stenciling, it adds a beautiful elegant touch to the cake. but it can be a disaster if you don't know how to do it properly.
The silpats in various sizes make my baking and decorating much simpler. Don't know what I would do without one. Love the small ones to bake on, no need for parchment paper. And the big one...
I have to use a lot of it to turn my buttercream white (I use only butter, no crisco). It makes the icing almost curdly and almost impossible to smooth nicely. There is always a huge clump in the...
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
attaching fondant to buttercreampost #1 of 1711/29/12 at 10:30amThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 1711/29/12 at 12:54pm
of course. Just slap that fondant deco on the bc before it crusts.Answers to the most often asked questions re: SPS. SPS instructions are on Page 15 of the Sticky at the top of the Cake Decorating Forum. Supplies can be ordered from Oasis Supply, Global or BakeryCrafts.Answers to the most often asked questions re: SPS. SPS instructions are on Page 15 of the Sticky at the top of the Cake Decorating Forum. Supplies can be ordered from Oasis Supply, Global or BakeryCrafts.post #3 of 1711/30/12 at 2:48amThread Starterpost #4 of 1711/30/12 at 6:41ampost #5 of 1712/1/12 at 7:52ampost #6 of 1712/1/12 at 9:10ampost #7 of 177/25/14 at 12:21pmpost #8 of 178/23/14 at 4:19ampost #9 of 178/23/14 at 11:06ampost #10 of 179/23/14 at 7:28ampost #11 of 179/23/14 at 2:47pmpost #12 of 179/23/14 at 4:15pm
It shouldn't melt into the buttercream...Did your fondant do that? What kind are you using?post #13 of 179/23/14 at 6:10pmpost #14 of 179/23/14 at 6:40pm
I don't think WIlton fondant has anything strange about it (other than the flavor) so it might get soft but it shouldn't totally melt. It might soften up and stick to the frosting but that's normal.
- attaching fondant to buttercream
- Best Butter Cream Ever!
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 3 minutes ago
- › Dairy free and soy free roll out fondant. 10 minutes ago
- › About freezing cake 35 minutes ago
- › keeping cookies soft when sitting out all day 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › high heel cupcakes 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Covering tall cakes using Satin Ice fondant 2 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › Arranging silk flowers for a wedding cake 3 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Homemade Cake Lace 3 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › SMBC? What is the difference? 4 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Create rustic/simple cake around an elegant topper - Monique... 4 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Rose Cake Tier #2 Stencil by Designer Stencils by LizKatherine
- › Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Commercial Size Baking Mat by TrudyF
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones