There is a machine that is similar to a cricut but doesn't use the cartridges. It uses a computer program and prints and cuts from that program. I saw a demo of it at a cake competition and have lost the card. Does anyone have any idea what i am talking about?
Related Forum Threads
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:27am in Cake Decorating Business
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/6/14 at 5:18pm in Cake Decorating
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/10/11
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECELast edited: 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Last edited: 4/5/10
- CheesecakeLast edited: 11/5/09
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
I was able to try Renshaw quite some time ago and all I can say is I love it!
The pink fondant, isn't really pink to me. It is more like a fuschia in my opinion. I don't see it as a problem, I love the color. but if you want a soft pink, you should dye the white...
Top notch fondant for a great price! Amazing taste and very easy to work with. No more stressing over tearing or elephant skin problems as with other brands. LOVE their colored fondant also. The...
Can someone help me find this machine name???post #1 of 511/29/12 at 9:21amThread Starter
Cake Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 511/29/12 at 9:27am
Most likely a Silhouette Cameo. Around $300, and you can get it from Linda McClure, with her special blade holder and blade for cutting gumpaste, disc, and instruction manual for $85. I have them both. I cut icing sheets before I got her blade, but I couldnt cut gumpaste, I tried!! I haven't tried the new blade yet. http://www.*******************/catalog.htmlBeginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.post #3 of 511/29/12 at 9:34amThread Starterpost #4 of 511/29/12 at 9:54am
I'm sorry for not being clear, but I meant I have the Silhouette and the special blade, not the Cricut. I had a regular silhouette long before the Cameo came out, and before the SD (previous version) came out, and before Cricut cake came out.
I was sightly tempted by the Cricut Cake, but knew I would wait for the price to come down, if I were to ever purchase it. Once I learned that you HAVE to have cartridges, I knew it was not for me. There is no way I use any of them enough to justify the price of them, and I knew that there would e hundreds of things I would want to cut that that aren't on there. To me, it is a no-brainer.
I cut free fonts for cakes to make lettering, and designs, and I pride myself on being completely custom. I have made dozens of stencils that I have used a single time. Like a custom border that had the bride and groom's initials in it, some the shape of Jamaica and Kentucky, and other little items. I can't do that with the cricut.Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.post #5 of 512/2/12 at 9:03am
Silhouette also offers the Portrait now, which is the new 8 inch cutting version, a bit cheaper than the Cameo..I am still using my SD, do lots of edible images, cookie bag toppers and boxes with it.
You might be able to find it a bit cheaper somewhere else.
- Can someone help me find this machine name???
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 13 seconds ago
- › Somebody please invent this! 15 minutes ago
- › Different types of wafer paper 23 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 43 minutes ago
- › How can I fix the margins on my edible images 46 minutes ago
- › Pricing out a wedding cake for a bride with a very low budget! 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Please help: Sofia The first skirt fondant on Cake 3 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Bakery Vs Cake shop .... 3 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › xerneus (pokemon) model cake topper help please 3 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Homemade Butter for SMB/others ? 4 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Red, 1.5 Pound by Ange1mom
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by joshuap
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones