There is a machine that is similar to a cricut but doesn't use the cartridges. It uses a computer program and prints and cuts from that program. I saw a demo of it at a cake competition and have lost the card. Does anyone have any idea what i am talking about?
Related Forum Threads
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:27am in Cake Decorating Business
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/6/14 at 5:18pm in Cake Decorating
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/10/11
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECELast edited: 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Last edited: 4/5/10
- CheesecakeLast edited: 11/5/09
I like these gel colors. Ihave another box that has many more, not just 8. But they're all the same. I prefer gel colors to any other kind because they don't really affect the consistency. Only if...
These are nice to add a pretty touch to the cake. But when my brother was eating a slice , he tried to bite into the rose! Lol, tried being the key word. Overall, I love these roses. But I don't...
This product sort of adds more stress to my decorating. The little screw at the end keeps coming off when I roll. So I screw it tighter, but then the roller doesn't roll because the screw "holds"...
I used to use Wilton. It gets the job done, Its fondant. But I found it to be a brick and impossible to roll and kneed. Microwaving it in 5-10 second intervals helps but... the taste just doesn't...
This caddy has a little room for a lot of stuff, not meant to hold everything. Rolls easily, with the pull handle that's slides down to store it. Rack on back for literature. 2 racks on top for...
Can someone help me find this machine name???post #1 of 511/29/12 at 9:21amThread Starter
Cake Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 511/29/12 at 9:27am
Most likely a Silhouette Cameo. Around $300, and you can get it from Linda McClure, with her special blade holder and blade for cutting gumpaste, disc, and instruction manual for $85. I have them both. I cut icing sheets before I got her blade, but I couldnt cut gumpaste, I tried!! I haven't tried the new blade yet. http://www.*******************/catalog.htmlBeginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.post #3 of 511/29/12 at 9:34amThread Starterpost #4 of 511/29/12 at 9:54am
I'm sorry for not being clear, but I meant I have the Silhouette and the special blade, not the Cricut. I had a regular silhouette long before the Cameo came out, and before the SD (previous version) came out, and before Cricut cake came out.
I was sightly tempted by the Cricut Cake, but knew I would wait for the price to come down, if I were to ever purchase it. Once I learned that you HAVE to have cartridges, I knew it was not for me. There is no way I use any of them enough to justify the price of them, and I knew that there would e hundreds of things I would want to cut that that aren't on there. To me, it is a no-brainer.
I cut free fonts for cakes to make lettering, and designs, and I pride myself on being completely custom. I have made dozens of stencils that I have used a single time. Like a custom border that had the bride and groom's initials in it, some the shape of Jamaica and Kentucky, and other little items. I can't do that with the cricut.Beginners, be sure to parrot advice and get your post count up as fast as you can. After all, it's not what you know, it's what people THINK you know.post #5 of 512/2/12 at 9:03am
Silhouette also offers the Portrait now, which is the new 8 inch cutting version, a bit cheaper than the Cameo..I am still using my SD, do lots of edible images, cookie bag toppers and boxes with it.
You might be able to find it a bit cheaper somewhere else.
- Can someone help me find this machine name???
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › How do I stop my cake from moving during transport 50 seconds ago
- › GANACHE BOARD SIZES 4 minutes ago
- › SOLICITING FEEDBACK : NEW MEMBER EXPERIENCE 13 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Lemon cake with Raspberry filling??? 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 8/22/14 3 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › how do i make the blue ice shards for a 'frozen' movie cake 4 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Ideas please 4 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Freezing Cakes 4 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Cake brain 6 hours ago
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Red Icing Roses Large by Wilton by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Fondant Ribbon Cutter Embosser Set by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Pure White Rolled Fondant, 80 oz by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by blwilley
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones