At Joann Fabrics, I found these almost clear mats meant to use for quilting, but work great for fondant! They don't have any lines, rulers, etc. on them, they're totally smooth, and they've been holding up well. They're kind of a "cloudy" clear color, if that makes sense, and are really inexpensive. I've been hand washing them - haven't tried the dishwasher.
- topicCuttertagged by System, 12/1/12
- productMartha Stewart Crafts 18-by-24-Inch Folding Cutting Mattagged by System, 12/1/12
I like these gel colors. Ihave another box that has many more, not just 8. But they're all the same. I prefer gel colors to any other kind because they don't really affect the consistency. Only if...
These are nice to add a pretty touch to the cake. But when my brother was eating a slice , he tried to bite into the rose! Lol, tried being the key word. Overall, I love these roses. But I don't...
This product sort of adds more stress to my decorating. The little screw at the end keeps coming off when I roll. So I screw it tighter, but then the roller doesn't roll because the screw "holds"...
I used to use Wilton. It gets the job done, Its fondant. But I found it to be a brick and impossible to roll and kneed. Microwaving it in 5-10 second intervals helps but... the taste just doesn't...
This caddy has a little room for a lot of stuff, not meant to hold everything. Rolls easily, with the pull handle that's slides down to store it. Rack on back for literature. 2 racks on top for...
What's the best thing to use for cutting shapes from fondant using an exacto knife? - Page 2
post #16 of 20
2/20/14 at 7:57am
Cake Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #17 of 20
2/20/14 at 9:27am
post #18 of 20
2/20/14 at 1:10pm
post #19 of 20
2/20/14 at 2:52pm
I wasn't aware that self-healing cutting mats (or floor tiles) were food-safe.
(And hey, how come, on a food-oriented board, we don't have any emoticons for "nauseous" or "definitely not Good Eats"?)
post #20 of 20
2/20/14 at 8:06pm
Oh the drama. Yeah, it wouldn't be good eats to bite a chunk of rubber. Wash it, sanitize it, replace it once you have cut into badly, or it's just "time". Rolling out little decorations on a clean and sanitized surface is perfectly fine in most reasonable adults minds.
*Top 100 Designers in The USA, Brides Magazine, 2013*<---little ole' me!
- What's the best thing to use for cutting shapes from fondant using an exacto knife?
Cake Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 1281 Active Users (15 Members and 1266 Guests)
- › Need A Mentor 29 minutes ago
- › Buttercream for wedding cakes 31 minutes ago
- › Garden soil. 34 minutes ago
- › Rush Job Fees 38 minutes ago
- › Post your WORST cake!! (cpntinued since after the crash) 39 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Fresh Strawberries on a fondant/icing covered cake - HELP! 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Need recipes for healthy 1st bday cake also smash cake 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Where has my passion gone? Help! 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Red Icing Roses Large by Wilton by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Fondant Ribbon Cutter Embosser Set by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Pure White Rolled Fondant, 80 oz by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by blwilley
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones