At Joann Fabrics, I found these almost clear mats meant to use for quilting, but work great for fondant! They don't have any lines, rulers, etc. on them, they're totally smooth, and they've been holding up well. They're kind of a "cloudy" clear color, if that makes sense, and are really inexpensive. I've been hand washing them - haven't tried the dishwasher.
- topicCuttertagged by System, 12/1/12
- productMartha Stewart Crafts 18-by-24-Inch Folding Cutting Mattagged by System, 12/1/12
I have to use a lot of it to turn my buttercream white (I use only butter, no crisco). It makes the icing almost curdly and almost impossible to smooth nicely. There is always a huge clump in the...
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
I was able to try Renshaw quite some time ago and all I can say is I love it!
The pink fondant, isn't really pink to me. It is more like a fuschia in my opinion. I don't see it as a problem, I love the color. but if you want a soft pink, you should dye the white...
What's the best thing to use for cutting shapes from fondant using an exacto knife? - Page 2
post #16 of 20
2/20/14 at 7:57am
Cake Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #17 of 20
2/20/14 at 9:27am
post #18 of 20
2/20/14 at 1:10pm
post #19 of 20
2/20/14 at 2:52pm
I wasn't aware that self-healing cutting mats (or floor tiles) were food-safe.
(And hey, how come, on a food-oriented board, we don't have any emoticons for "nauseous" or "definitely not Good Eats"?)
post #20 of 20
2/20/14 at 8:06pm
Oh the drama. Yeah, it wouldn't be good eats to bite a chunk of rubber. Wash it, sanitize it, replace it once you have cut into badly, or it's just "time". Rolling out little decorations on a clean and sanitized surface is perfectly fine in most reasonable adults minds.
*Top 100 Designers in The USA, Brides Magazine, 2013*<---little ole' me!
- What's the best thing to use for cutting shapes from fondant using an exacto knife?
Cake Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 1006 Active Users (10 Members and 996 Guests)
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 11 minutes ago
- › My First Cake 45 minutes ago
- › First huge order 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Stand mixer question 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › food markers?? 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 3 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › stacking fruit cake on top of white cake 3 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Newbie 3 hours, 23 minutes ago
- › Dream Whip Icing observations & questions 3 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › whipped cream + fondant 4 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Red, 1.5 Pound by Ange1mom
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by joshuap
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones