I am doing a wedding cake in Jan. and it has just buttercream lines all around each tier. Is there anything I can get to help my hand stay in place to get those lines perfect?
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- In Desparate Need of Ideas Last post on 12/10/12 at 5:58am in Cake Decorating
- How would you do this design? Last post on 11/25/12 at 9:54am in Cake Decorating
- My first attempt at a wedding cake :) Last post on 9/20/13 at 7:32am in Cake Decorating
- How many 10 inch round cakes for a wedding with 130 -140 people Last post on 11/8/12 at 7:20am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/10/11
- Mum's Real Buttercream FrostingLast edited: 11/15/10
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECELast edited: 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Last edited: 4/5/10
The silpats in various sizes make my baking and decorating much simpler. Don't know what I would do without one. Love the small ones to bake on, no need for parchment paper. And the big one...
I have to use a lot of it to turn my buttercream white (I use only butter, no crisco). It makes the icing almost curdly and almost impossible to smooth nicely. There is always a huge clump in the...
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
I was able to try Renshaw quite some time ago and all I can say is I love it!
Wedding cake with lines on it help!post #1 of 711/28/12 at 9:38amThread Starterpost #2 of 711/28/12 at 9:57am
Make a stack of books or something for your elbow to rest on at the right right height for each line. Or magazines, they're thinner and easier to adjust height.*Top 100 Designers in The USA, Brides Magazine, 2013*<---little ole' me!post #3 of 711/28/12 at 9:58am
I'm sure there's a less ghetto way to do it, but that's what I do.*Top 100 Designers in The USA, Brides Magazine, 2013*<---little ole' me!post #4 of 711/28/12 at 11:56amThread Starterpost #5 of 711/28/12 at 12:55pmpost #6 of 711/29/12 at 8:39amQuote:
She's asking how to keep her hand steady.*Top 100 Designers in The USA, Brides Magazine, 2013*<---little ole' me!post #7 of 711/29/12 at 8:57amThread StarterQuote:
I think I get this. I just hope I can have a steady hand thru it all!
- Wedding cake with lines on it help!
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › Ask a Baker Questions.... 14 minutes ago
- › How to get cake height? 22 minutes ago
- › help with colour icing 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › What is the BEST ADVANCED Cupcake decorating book out there....? 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 5 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › a 'cake disaster'. I don't even know where to start with this mess. 5 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › bursting Lego cake head help! 5 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Added Pinterest Features! 6 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › help on carousel cake!!!!!!!! 6 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › Chocolate covered Oreos 8 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Commercial Size Baking Mat by TrudyF
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Red, 1.5 Pound by Ange1mom
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones