Hello I was wondering if anyone knows how to make faux cupcakes just for decorating? I want something that looks like real batter and real icing. , and will last quite long to go onto stands for display. Thanks to all
- topicCupcakestagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
Christine's Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes
Last edited: 2/21/14
- Key Lime CupcakesLast edited: 7/3/12
- Red Velvet CupcakesLast edited: 6/26/12
- Coffee Squared CupcakesLast edited: 5/16/12
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter FrostingLast edited: 5/11/12
I like these gel colors. Ihave another box that has many more, not just 8. But they're all the same. I prefer gel colors to any other kind because they don't really affect the consistency. Only if...
These are nice to add a pretty touch to the cake. But when my brother was eating a slice , he tried to bite into the rose! Lol, tried being the key word. Overall, I love these roses. But I don't...
This product sort of adds more stress to my decorating. The little screw at the end keeps coming off when I roll. So I screw it tighter, but then the roller doesn't roll because the screw "holds"...
I used to use Wilton. It gets the job done, Its fondant. But I found it to be a brick and impossible to roll and kneed. Microwaving it in 5-10 second intervals helps but... the taste just doesn't...
This caddy has a little room for a lot of stuff, not meant to hold everything. Rolls easily, with the pull handle that's slides down to store it. Rack on back for literature. 2 racks on top for...
faux cupcakes for decoratingpost #1 of 411/26/12 at 8:05pmThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 411/26/12 at 8:26pm
HI, i make mine with GREAT STUFF. It is an insulating foam sealant for gaps & cracks. I do demos at Michaels for Wilton. I make them to take to Ices Convention, etc. I use r/i to decorate or cover them with fondant. You put your c/c liners in muffin pan. Shake the can of great stuff, it has a long tube that you fit on. Then just spray little more(not much) than half full. I let it set over nite and the next morning , i have faux cupcakes. I have been doing this for 7 yrs. It works great for me. hth I have some that i did for a demo from about 5 yrs. ago(halloween and valentine) still looks great. I put them in a cake box(i make c/c holder using foil that i have impressed into the muffin pan) . then i tape the box up good. They keep forever.post #3 of 411/26/12 at 10:34pm
I made some faux cupcakes for my last party. They made out really good. You may give it a try if you like. But first you are going to need a list of things:
- Cupcake liners
- Muffin tins
- Rubber spatula
- Plastic spoon
- Pastry tube
- Beads, glitter and ribbon
- Joint compound
- Acrylic paints
First of all mix up some of the powdered Plaster of Paris in your plastic mixing bowl, stir with spatula and quickly pour into your muffin /cupcake cups.Let it set for 1 hour to harden.
To create icing, you need to get your pastry icing bag ready.Now Take several tablespoons of the joint compound and put into the small plastic bowl. Add several squirts of the acrylic paint color of your choice and stir together and then quickly fill your pastry bag.Pipe icing onto cupcake starting from the outer edge of the cupcake and working towards the center.
Start applying the glitter or beads As soon as possible after icing the cupcakes.
Let them dry for a day and then gladly display your creations on a pretty cupcake stand.
post #4 of 412/1/12 at 6:43pm
- faux cupcakes for decorating
Cake Central Top Picks
- Key Lime Cupcakes
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 3 minutes ago
- › When to add glitter to fondant? 37 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 37 minutes ago
- › Interesting ideas - new cake flavors 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Help with a winged wolf 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Fondant frills stuck directly onto dummy? 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › ACHIEVE A LIGHT BUTTERCREAM THAT HOLDS UP WELL IN THE HEAT? 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Please calm me down before I write something I regret... 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › syrup for chocolate cake 2 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Mint Green color 3 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Red Icing Roses Large by Wilton by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Fondant Ribbon Cutter Embosser Set by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Pure White Rolled Fondant, 80 oz by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by blwilley
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones