Ideas, etc, please. I've been asked to conduct a cookie decorating booth for our town's annual Christmas Stroll. The attendees will be kids of all ages, and will come and go anytime within a two hour timeframe. I'll make my cookies beforehand, then planned on using royal icing. As we know, RI will not be dry within the timeframe allowed, so here is my thought. I thought I'd basecoat all the cookies, then just allow the kids to "detail". I thought I'd make Christmas trees, snowflakes, and stockings, then allow them to "draw" on the cookies with icing bags and add the stars, garland, balls, etc with sprinkles & RI decorations. I thought by doing it this way, there wouldn't be much wet icing to deal with, and they could still get home with their cookies somewhat in tact, if desired. Do you think this will work? Appreciate any comments/suggestions. I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into. :)
- topicDecorating Cookiestagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Cookie decorating class for kids...advice or ideas appreciated! Last post on 11/11/12 at 2:10pm in Cookies!
- Kids Cookie Kits... what do you think? Last post on 11/9/12 at 12:21pm in Cookies!
Last edited: 6/14/11
- How To Bake & Decorate CookiesLast edited: 9/6/09
I have to use a lot of it to turn my buttercream white (I use only butter, no crisco). It makes the icing almost curdly and almost impossible to smooth nicely. There is always a huge clump in the...
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
I was able to try Renshaw quite some time ago and all I can say is I love it!
The pink fondant, isn't really pink to me. It is more like a fuschia in my opinion. I don't see it as a problem, I love the color. but if you want a soft pink, you should dye the white...
- How To Bake & Decorate Cookies
Cookie decorating open house w/kids.
Cake Central Top Picks
I am doing almost the same thing on the 8th, I was asked to supply 10 dz. sugar cookies, and a gallon of cookie icing, the kind that dries fast, found on wilton.com. The mom in charge will divide and color into 6, then pour into 2 oz. solo cups, and the kids will decorate with popsicle sticks. I am only doing 3 shapes also, and will be on hand to help and discuss with other helping moms, I suggested using sandwich baggies with colors, kinda like a frosting bag, for the older kids to use, everyone will be able to decorate how they want. Last year brought in over 40 kids, this year already over 60 have paid tickets to get in. Fun, fun! Where's my drink?!? LOL
I do a Harvest fest where 650 cookies are decorated in 3 days. I package cookies on 6"plates in ziplock bags.
I have 6 different colors of royal icing in disposable pastry bags (tied with rubberbands at the end). I also have a variety of sprinkles. After they take cookie out of bag and decorate, we take cookie(which is on the plate) slide it into bag, partially zip it and have them blow air in the corner of bag, then zip it closed. They need to keep it upright, but it will dry without smashing.
To see more pix visit facebook: Gingerbread On The Go
To see more pix visit facebook: Gingerbread On The Go
sfandm - thanks for the reply. Sounds like you'll have a busy day! That's a good idea about the popsicle sticks. I might do that too. So, you have 20 more this year, probably 40 more next year. ha!
gbreadtogo - thanks for your reply too. Good idea about blowing air into the bad, for cushioning. I was wondering how the kiddies would get home with their cookies. I'm hoping they'll just eat them there on the spot.
Should be interesting to see how this goes. Nonetheless, I'm excited about it and even bought a new Ms. Claus apron for the occasion. ha!
- Cookie decorating open house w/kids.
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 15 minutes ago
- › 'Only Buttercream' Decorators 22 minutes ago
- › Hundreds of Tutorials in Here! 2 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › 2 tiered wedding with 200 cuppies... 3 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Price of Merckens candy melts at Wegmans 3 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › "Real" Cameos in RI 5 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › FREE SHIPPING SPECIAL for Cake Central Members from Icing Images 6 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Have you tried Salt Dough Clay or Cornstarch Clay 6 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Will this be dry in time? 6 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Cake with lemon curd 7 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Red, 1.5 Pound by Ange1mom
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by joshuap
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones