Hi everyone! I am thinking of advertising a Holiday Cookie tray but I am having a hard time deciding on a price to charge. I read over past posts, from last year, but realize the cost of ingredients have gone up since then. I am going to offer 5 choices and they can choose 4 dozen (mix or match specialty cookies, not my decorated sugar cookies). For in town delivery, I would put on a tray and wrap the tray pretty..for out of town, I would ship. The posts I read last year , someone who sold trays similiar to what I am offering, charged 25.00. I was thinking of charging $40.00 but I don't want to over price them. If anyone has any thoughts, please share them with me Thank you!
Related Forum Threads
- Does anyone have an awesome recipe for Holiday cookies? Last post on 11/25/12 at 10:30am in Cookies!
- shimmering cookies Last post on 11/29/12 at 7:36am in Cookies!
- Charge for Cookies Last post on 11/30/12 at 9:24am in Cookies!
- cookie pricing. I just found this and wanted to share with all of you! Check it out! Last post on 11/17/12 at 4:46am in Cookies!
Peanut Butter Cranberry Cookies
Last edited: 12/29/09
- Grandma Bettys Sugar CookiesLast edited: 12/13/09
- Cookies for all occasionsLast edited: 10/26/12
- Peanut Butter BallsLast edited: 7/31/12
- Irrsistible Jif peanut Butter CookiesLast edited: 7/27/12
i love stenciling, it adds a beautiful elegant touch to the cake. but it can be a disaster if you don't know how to do it properly.
The silpats in various sizes make my baking and decorating much simpler. Don't know what I would do without one. Love the small ones to bake on, no need for parchment paper. And the big one...
I have to use a lot of it to turn my buttercream white (I use only butter, no crisco). It makes the icing almost curdly and almost impossible to smooth nicely. There is always a huge clump in the...
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
Holiday Cookie Trays!post #1 of 1411/13/12 at 7:51pmThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 1411/14/12 at 10:02ampost #3 of 1411/14/12 at 11:09amThread Starterpost #4 of 1411/14/12 at 10:54pm
For the trays, look into buying plastic chargers from Michaels or Hobby Lobby or whatever your local big craft store is. They periodically have them on sale for about $1, they're pretty, and they're big! I use mine all the time, but I've never once used them as an actual charger!post #5 of 1411/20/12 at 6:52am
I just started selling holiday treat trays as well. Here is a link to what mine look like and my pricing. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.432022993513731.88361.255263994522966&type=3
I based my pricing compared to the local grocery store but then charged more because they are fancier and home-made. Hope this helps you some!post #6 of 1411/20/12 at 10:15ampost #7 of 1411/20/12 at 5:29pmpost #8 of 1411/20/12 at 5:38pmpost #9 of 1412/2/12 at 3:42pmpost #10 of 1412/3/12 at 9:32pmpost #11 of 1412/4/12 at 4:27am
If selling treats is a hobby, then borrowing a price structure is fine. But if you're in business, it's important to price all your products based on your own costs. Otherwise you might be paying customers to buy your baked goods. I realize that pricing based on what fellow CC'ers charge is the easiest way to set prices, but learning how to accurately determine customer price will help your business remain profitable.post #12 of 1412/4/12 at 4:29ampost #13 of 1412/8/12 at 11:45ampost #14 of 1412/11/12 at 9:29am
its my first time doing cookies for someone and i am charging her 9 a dozen 75 cents per cookie she wants 6 dozen cookies so its about 54.00 i have all my basic stuff at home flour sugar eggs vanilla, the only things i have to buy is butter a 2 bags of white chocolate a bag of milk and dark, some peppermint thins and 2 trays i figure ill spend less than 20 in supplies i get most of my stuff from the discount grocery store aldi much cheaper than a regular grocery store and the chocolate taste the same as the expensive nestles brand and half the price
- Holiday Cookie Trays!
Cake Central Top Picks
- Grandma Bettys Sugar Cookies
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 6 minutes ago
- › Help! What do I say?!? 6 minutes ago
- › Bed headboard help / advice needed please 11 minutes ago
- › SMBC? What is the difference? 18 minutes ago
- › CAKE CENTRAL HAS BEEN HACKED 49 minutes ago
- › Wired stars/letters protruding from the top of a cake - pretty but... 50 minutes ago
- › New Cake Decorating/Baking Blogs to follow!! 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › BaBa ji @ +919799138999 @ vashikaran specialist IN Dhanbad... 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › BaBa ji @ +919799138999 @ vashikaran specialist IN Aurangabad... 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › BaBa ji @ +919799138999 @ vashikaran specialist IN SrIN agar Jammu... 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Rose Cake Tier #2 Stencil by Designer Stencils by LizKatherine
- › Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Commercial Size Baking Mat by TrudyF
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones