My neighbor called me this morning and ask me if I can make a cake for her mother in law's 65th birthday. All she said was to do something funny. I have no ideas and don't even know what her mother in law is interested in. Does anyone have any suggestions?
- topicCakestagged by System, 11/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:27am in Cake Decorating Business
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/6/14 at 5:18pm in Cake Decorating
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/10/11
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECELast edited: 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Last edited: 4/5/10
- CheesecakeLast edited: 11/5/09
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
I was able to try Renshaw quite some time ago and all I can say is I love it!
The pink fondant, isn't really pink to me. It is more like a fuschia in my opinion. I don't see it as a problem, I love the color. but if you want a soft pink, you should dye the white...
Top notch fondant for a great price! Amazing taste and very easy to work with. No more stressing over tearing or elephant skin problems as with other brands. LOVE their colored fondant also. The...
Funny cake for 65 year old women
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 611/13/12 at 7:24am
I don´t know if something like that works but I really like this cake, i saw it here on CC, it was for an 50th but I´m sure that works perfect for a 65th birthday , but I thing that you should ask more about that lady so She would´nt get ofended http://pinterest.com/pin/377598749977008258/
The best way to make the dreams come true, is to wake up !!post #3 of 611/13/12 at 7:45am
Humor is very subjective - I think the depends cake is hilarious, but for my mother-in-law who actually has to wear them due to a chronic condition, it would be awful. I also love the humor of that hallmark character, "Maxine" for an older woman, she has some funny lines. Whatever you choose, just be sure to run it by your neighbor first to make sure you're on the same page.post #4 of 611/13/12 at 8:00am
You could do a clock cake. Most of them are for retirement cakes but you don't have to say retirement on them. On each hour they write something like for example at 12=sleep 1=eat2=relax 3 do nothing 4 shopping, you get the idea. You can look under yahoo and search retirement clock cakes just to get the idea of how to do it.
I also saw one clock that said on it "Who cares"? and it was a clock but all the numbers on the clock were sort of scattered around the bottom in random numbers, not in any particular order as if to say the person can do as they please any time of the day.
I really don't have too many other ideas but I am sure others on this site will have better ideas than me. Hopefully you will come up with something better.
post #5 of 611/13/12 at 8:22am
You could try something similar to this cake, make an old lady on her seat or in a bed, teeth in a glass on the side, a few of her fav things about the sofa/bed? That would go down well I recon :)
Or Click herepost #6 of 611/13/12 at 9:20am
- Funny cake for 65 year old women
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › Royal Icing took long time to dry and some have orange peel look! ... 6 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 19 minutes ago
- › Is this a different rosette? 57 minutes ago
- › Desperately in need of a great Mud Cake Recipe. 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Could anyone check my website on a mobile please? 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Fondant Bunting - what 'string' do I use? 4 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › How do I make a Jell-O shot cake??? Help! 4 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Need Help Making Gold Ganache/ Royal Icing 5 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 5 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › WEDDING CAKE SUPPORT SYSTEM 8 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Red, 1.5 Pound by Ange1mom
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by joshuap
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones