My neighbor called me this morning and ask me if I can make a cake for her mother in law's 65th birthday. All she said was to do something funny. I have no ideas and don't even know what her mother in law is interested in. Does anyone have any suggestions?
- topicCakestagged by System, 11/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:27am in Cake Decorating Business
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/6/14 at 5:18pm in Cake Decorating
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/10/11
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECELast edited: 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Last edited: 4/5/10
- CheesecakeLast edited: 11/5/09
Cupcake Wrapper Creator is such a fun program that let's you make any kind of wrapper design you need. It's great if you run a cupcake bakery because your customers will love it if you can offer...
I like these gel colors. Ihave another box that has many more, not just 8. But they're all the same. I prefer gel colors to any other kind because they don't really affect the consistency. Only if...
These are nice to add a pretty touch to the cake. But when my brother was eating a slice , he tried to bite into the rose! Lol, tried being the key word. Overall, I love these roses. But I don't...
This product sort of adds more stress to my decorating. The little screw at the end keeps coming off when I roll. So I screw it tighter, but then the roller doesn't roll because the screw "holds"...
I used to use Wilton. It gets the job done, Its fondant. But I found it to be a brick and impossible to roll and kneed. Microwaving it in 5-10 second intervals helps but... the taste just doesn't...
Funny cake for 65 year old women
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 611/13/12 at 7:24am
I don´t know if something like that works but I really like this cake, i saw it here on CC, it was for an 50th but I´m sure that works perfect for a 65th birthday , but I thing that you should ask more about that lady so She would´nt get ofended http://pinterest.com/pin/377598749977008258/
The best way to make the dreams come true, is to wake up !!post #3 of 611/13/12 at 7:45am
Humor is very subjective - I think the depends cake is hilarious, but for my mother-in-law who actually has to wear them due to a chronic condition, it would be awful. I also love the humor of that hallmark character, "Maxine" for an older woman, she has some funny lines. Whatever you choose, just be sure to run it by your neighbor first to make sure you're on the same page.post #4 of 611/13/12 at 8:00am
You could do a clock cake. Most of them are for retirement cakes but you don't have to say retirement on them. On each hour they write something like for example at 12=sleep 1=eat2=relax 3 do nothing 4 shopping, you get the idea. You can look under yahoo and search retirement clock cakes just to get the idea of how to do it.
I also saw one clock that said on it "Who cares"? and it was a clock but all the numbers on the clock were sort of scattered around the bottom in random numbers, not in any particular order as if to say the person can do as they please any time of the day.
I really don't have too many other ideas but I am sure others on this site will have better ideas than me. Hopefully you will come up with something better.
post #5 of 611/13/12 at 8:22am
You could try something similar to this cake, make an old lady on her seat or in a bed, teeth in a glass on the side, a few of her fav things about the sofa/bed? That would go down well I recon :)
Or Click herepost #6 of 611/13/12 at 9:20am
- Funny cake for 65 year old women
Cake Central Top Picks
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › How do you paint flowers on a cake? I have a customer who wants... 47 seconds ago
- › Peanut Butter Recipes 52 seconds ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 10 minutes ago
- › Cake Toppers in the mail - how to send? 17 minutes ago
- › Cinnamon Roll Cake 23 minutes ago
- › Does food coloring sour? 47 minutes ago
- › Bands of buttercream on wedding cake? 51 minutes ago
- › 3d support for a stacked cake with a 3d egg in middle 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Family Drama and a Wedding Cake. 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 9/19/14 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by joshuap
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Red Icing Roses Large by Wilton by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Fondant Ribbon Cutter Embosser Set by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Pure White Rolled Fondant, 80 oz by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by blwilley
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones